[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yo /adv/ I wanna find a way to motivate my cousin. He dropped
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.gif (2 MB, 1200x810) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 1200x810
Yo /adv/
I wanna find a way to motivate my cousin. He dropped out of college and is living with his parents. He always has ideas (like opening a vodka distillery or designing cars) but he never goes through with them cause he's too lazy, or unmotivated, or maybe depressed. I've been really depressed in the past and he knows this, but when I ask if he's depressed or if he wants to talk he just says that he isn't.
He dropped out of college cause he didn't know what he wanted to do (isn't that what the first year or so is for?).
Now he's saying he won't go into college unless he has a degree and something that will let him "produce stuff" in case the economy falls to shit.
I want to help him in some way cause he's just gonna fall behind and stay with his parents on his computer forever…
What can I do?
Ignore it and move on?
>>
>>17341039
Holy shit this image really tells a story
>>
>>17341067
yeah, that vaporwave is the gayest normalfag shit to ever come out of 4chan
>>
>>17341039

He sounds like a stoner. Should quit smoking. He should go back to college, if he doesn't know what to study, he should get a generic business or finance degree..
>>
>>17341073

Didn't know what vaporwave was. Googled it and I think I like this stuff
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (3 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
3 KB, 480x360
>>17341097
You may also enjoy tumblr

now leave and don't return
>>
>>17341096
He's not a stoner.
>>
>>17341096
I sound like OP's cousin. Except I've decided to flounder about in my 2nd year of college instead of dropping out.

Is there any reason you suggested a business degree?
>>
>>17341039
Sounds like he is less of a slacker and more of a GCF burnout.

You should tell him go into dental. That's a safe market.
>>
>>17341459
GCF Burnout?

Funny you suggested dental, his sister wants to go into dental when she graduated high school.
>>
>>17341039
If he won't take any steps to improve, he can't be helped.

Don't feel obligated to help someone just because they're family.
>>
>>17341648
Shit I meant GFC. He's worried (rightfully) what's sort of job opportunities college actually provide

Anyway yeah dentistry is a pretty future proof career choice. Maybe suggest it to him.
>>
>>17341677
I know I know, you can lead a horse to water but you can't get it to drink
I'm close to him though, I don't just want to help cause he is family
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.