[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
news
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Glock17.jpg (359 KB, 1000x664) Image search: [Google]
Glock17.jpg
359 KB, 1000x664
My friend was recently fired for commiting some heroic actions,that saved the possibly saved the lives of a couple of other people, and the company he worked for just brushed him aside and fired him for these actions. How do i get someone to cover this for him? cause it seems like no one cares..
>>
File: 1464105802509.jpg (1 MB, 2209x1884) Image search: [Google]
1464105802509.jpg
1 MB, 2209x1884
>>17340487
Could you be a bit less specific? All this useful info you're giving us is a bit too much to take in at once.
>>
>>17340487
We're his actions really as heroic as he said they were? Or you think they are?

Regardless of how heroic they may have seemed if he broke colony policy they can fire him.
>>
>>17340507
Company, not colony. Damn autocorrect
>>
>>17340487
If he went beyond his job duties as described in his employment, he can be fired. By firing him, it reduces the companies liability and they can prove in court (if they are sued for his actions) that he went beyond his scope of employment. This absolves them of any legal liability and places solely at his feet.

I would've done the same. Fuck heroes.
>>
>>17340506
well basically there was an armed burglar that was threatening his fellow employees with a weapon. The burglar then went on to steal customers wallets and valuables until he came along and warded the burglar off with his own concealed weapon. The burglar was ready to shoot some people until he seen the sight of the weapon and he went off running.
>>
>>17340507
thats the thing it was not in the company's policy to not do such a thing nor is it printed anywhere
>>
>>17340531
Is wearing a clown costume to work also not in their policy? Does that mean you can?

Is jacking off on the counter at work also not in their policy? Does that mean you can?

They are absolving themselves, plain and simple. It's the smart business move, and company officers have a fiduciary duty to make those smart moves, or they can be fired/sued for not doing their duty. So, instead of letting the domino (your friend) fall backwards, the domino behind him pushed him forward so he can fall by himself. :P
>>
>>17340546
well you made your point at the very least and and im willing to say that you do have a very valid point but nonetheless all i was asking is somewhere where at least someone will cover this. you know just how some people are in the wrong yet they still get some coverage by the news or some other bs
>>
>>17340546
but with something like these examples are not good.

first the company has a uniform policy

second the company also has a nudity plicy
>>
>>17340567
Regardless if the examples are good or not (I would not know, do not know the company or it's policies), the point remains.

Email CNN, MSNBC, FOX, or some other shit station. Contact a blog, or something.

The chances of it being covered after getting the details from a company agent will be very small, as most people are of the same understanding in regards to fiduciary duties I have previously mentioned. But try them anyways, or don't.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.