[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Im always thirsty even after drinking lots of water. I dont urinate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
Im always thirsty even after drinking lots of water. I dont urinate that much per day(4-5 times?) despite drinking my 2 liter bottle twice a day.

My medication says dry mouth but here I am awake at 4 a.m. now since 11 p.m. because of a terrible headache and thirst. When I drink water the headache starts to go away so I'm thinking I might be dehydrated?

What do I do? Im out of my state and wont return until at least 12 hours from now.

Pic unrelated
>>
>>17339594

What medication? What are you taking it for?
Are you overweight? What are your eating habits? Do you consume alcohol?

My first guess is diabetes, but I need more info.
>>
Anti depressants mostly, i kinda have poor eating habits that have been getting tons worse. I was going to get tested for diabetes but got really scared.
>>
Oh also i am overweight but i dont drink alcohol
>>
>>17339594
Having thought about your problem for a little while, I reckon you might actually be drinking too much water. Your body needs to have a certain level of electrolytes in it in order to retain the fluid you drink and make it useable. Drinking too much water can flush the electrolytes out of your system though, and that creates a kind of feedback loop whereby you loose elctrolytes, your body can't use the water going through it, which makes you feel thirsty, which makes you drink more, which flushes out more electrolytes etc etc.

I'd say try cutting down your fluid consumption a bit, and replace one litre of water with some sort of rehydrating sports drink, Lucozade or whatever you can get locally.

>I dont urinate that much per day(4-5 times?)
I can only assume that when you do go to the toilet you must piss like a racehorse each time. The water has to come out of your body either by urinating or sweating. There's no other way for it to leave, and with the amount you drink if you were retaining even half of it you'd be putting on 30lbs a week.
>>
>>17339612

>was going to get tested for diabetes, but got scared
>showing clear signs of diabetes/diabetes insipidus

Do you know what happens when diabetes is left untreated? Kidney failure, nerve damage (especially in feet/legs), loss of vision.

Stop being fucking stupid and go to a fucking doctor.
>>
>poor eating habits

So you're probably eating processed foods loaded with salt. That's why you're thirsty. Stop that.

Every time I eat taco bell I get like that. One quesadilla has more salt than your daily recommended... and I would eat 4 of them. Luckily I haven't had taco bell in 2 years.
>>
File: common time passing angst pepe.jpg (60 KB, 550x366) Image search: [Google]
common time passing angst pepe.jpg
60 KB, 550x366
>tfw diabeetus meme is 10 years old
Where does the time go?
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.