[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a second interview today for a bowling alley/bar. I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
I have a second interview today for a bowling alley/bar. I'm applying for a server position and I'm a 20 yo female junior at university. How do I answer generic questions like "why should I hire you?" "Why do you think you would be good at this job?" Ect. Obviously this isn't going to be super long term or something I'll make a career out of.. I just moved to a new area and I'm a poor student who needs to support myself and my current job doesn't give me enough hours. Ofc I can't just say that.. So what are some responses that don't sound boring and awkward but don't make me seem fake
>>
>>17338027
Be honest and your your weaknesses into something valuable for the employer. Explain to them what they gain on hiring you instead of the other way around. Don't overdo what I just said. Be honest.
>>
>>17338073
...and turn your weaknesses...
>>
>>17338079
Right. I guess I don't know what to say rather than basic resume adjectives and verbs (Im skilled in assisting customers, multi tasking, communicating ect) I just find it really hard to be genuine and always just sound like a robot
>>
>>17338338
Just pretend it's a conversation. I found it helpful to try to think of stories to tell that display strengths instead of just outright stating. Think about times you were helpful in class or to a friend, or in a previous job. It's best to give examples instead of just stating.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.