[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Myself and my boyfriend are learning Chinese as we wish to move
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: chow-chow-dog-pictures-01.jpg (136 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
chow-chow-dog-pictures-01.jpg
136 KB, 600x600
Myself and my boyfriend are learning Chinese as we wish to move to China sometime next year. We have had a few trial tutors as we want to pick the most suitable one, but my boyfriend is having some troubles and he's saying he wants to take it slower, as I on the other want to do 5 lessons per week (like going to school.)

I feel like my boyfriend is holding me back and he said he's going to give up if I practice in my spare time, or read things without him, and I really don't want him to, the few tutors we've had so far have praised me a lot and even said things like "maybe you can learn off name here." We will be going at our own pace regardless, I don't know how to approach him with this as I want so badly to push myself and be fluent in Chinese conversation within a year.

I love my boyfriend, a lot, so do I just go at his pace or do I explain to him that i would like to do more and hope he can understand? Although he said he'd give up if I got too far ahead. I'm also scared if I go too slow and don't study enough I'll forget things.
>>
>>17335869
Try to compromise with him, if he doesn't want to go 5 days a week maybe convince him to go 4 days instead
>>
Your boyfriend sucks.
>>
>>17336048
I think you're right, I should respect him and try and compromise more.

>>17336055
He doesn't suck, we all learn at our own pace, some are slower than others that is just the way we are. I don't want him to get burnt out or bored of it because I'm pushing too much on him.
>>
You actually thinking speaking a language is about studying things on a fast pace?

You poor soul. Try talking to him on chinese and practicing from there and on.
>>
well you chose to date an unintelligent retard

there's the unalterable root of the problem
>>
>>17336137
He sucks for limiting your pace by threatening to give up. It's not the kind of person i'd want to be with.
>>
File: xfkxpH9.jpg (69 KB, 1325x388) Image search: [Google]
xfkxpH9.jpg
69 KB, 1325x388
>>17335869
DON'T LEARN CHINESE
DON'T GO TO CHINA
https://imgur.com/a/aSFTC#xfkxpH9
>>
>>17336138
I don't think learning a language is "fast pace" but I can take in information extremely fast and retain the information. We haven't been doing it for that long and I'm already able to have simple conversations and understand basic pinyin.

>>17336164
I'm aware the Chinese are not up to the standard of Westerners, moving to China is business move on my part, as he says in the last picture, moving and expanding to China (my company which is always paid in USD) is a very lucrative move and I will be 30% richer.
>>
>>17336138

If you're in a country where it's spoken, then being surrounded by it and being forced to use it is best. But if you're in a country where it isn't spoken, the best you can do is to study every day, and practice what you know.

I learned Chinese with a combination of books, classes, tutors, and phone apps.

Phone apps are great for studying characters. It's really hard to remember them, but when you are challeneged to remember their stroke order, it raises the bar, and remembering the characters becomes easier.

There are also podcasts, and some people swear by them, but I never got much out of them.
>>
>>17336204
Read his posts in the album even if you're 100% on this it could let you know exactly what you might be getting into. He learned Chinese for business too.
>>
>>17336164
>>17336221
This was was fucked up.

I was flat mates with a guest researcher from china for a while. Nicest roomie i've had.
>>
>>17336263
They are lovely people, but they are known for being cheap and unclean, which doesn't bother me in the slightest. I can make my own food and people won't try and cheap you as much when they know you aren't a dumb tourist.
>>
>>17336276
>cheap and unclean
She was neither.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.