[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need your help because I am balding and I act fucking weird
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (4 KB, 98x198) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4 KB, 98x198
I need your help because I am balding and I act fucking weird about that.

All started last summer when I cut my hair short (down to 5mm). Somehow it looked weird, but I didn't care at first. The next day I felt like the whole college made fun of me, because somehow I had an ugly head shape. That fucking hurt me and I begann to take photos of me and compare them with photos from the internet and not only did I found out that my skull is indeed ugly shaped, but also that I am balding :(
>but anon you have many options about that
No. The drugs to stop hairloss fuck up your hormones, hairtransplantation is expensive and you will still need to take the fuckings drugs, a toupee might be an option, but if people find that out they will laugh again (and it is expensive). So the only realistic option left is to embrace the bald look and is driving me crazy.

>looking up bald/shaved people on the internet and can only imagine that I will look like pic related
>try to move and fix my hair so that I can see how my headshape looks like. I often do that for several hours because I try to convince myself that it is not that ugly
>I want to shave my head only to see what I would look like in some years, but I never did. Instead I cut it again to 5mm this easter.
That is some shit that I'm doing. I think I need psychological help about that, but I am afraid to go there. Also I am thinking about shaving now for summer, but then again I am afraid that my head is indeed ugly.
The only good thing is that I still have enough hair on my head, but I don't know for how long. Maybe 5 to 10 years before I go completly bald when I look at my relatives.

So what now?
>>
DWAI anon. Just keep going until you get to the point of no return, then you shave it all off.
Meanwhile, focus on getting fit and developing personality.
Psychologist might work too.
>>
I am not sure what this post is about. If you don't want to take drugs the proccess of balding just won't be slowed down. If you do, it will be slowed down. If the only option for you is going bald, then accept it, go bald and move on.
>>
>>17335890
>DWAI
What that?
>focus on getting fit
Pretty fit already, but more can't hurt
>and developing a personality
Well... I post on /r9k/
>psychologist might work
I already wrote that I'm afraid to go there. Maybe they say I have some serious issues about my hairloss
>>
>>17335899
>I am not sure what this post is about.
It's about me losing my hair
>If you don't want to take drugs the proccess of balding just won't be slowed down. If you do, it will be slowed down.
They block important hormones. No thanks.
>If the only option for you is going bald, then accept it, go bald and move on.
Can't, because my heahshape is ugly.
>>
>>17335916
DWAI=Don't worry about it.
I don't get the r9k thing but I don't think they develop personality too well. Start reading, hanging out with friends more, etc.

Regarding the Psycho-Why is it a problem if they say you're hard on the hairloss?
>>
>>17335993
>DWAI=Don't worry about it.
Ok thanks.
>I don't get the r9k thing but I don't think they develop personality too well. Start reading, hanging out with friends more, etc.
Normie reeeeee. Just kidding, r9k was a joke
>Regarding the Psycho-Why is it a problem if they say you're hard on the hairloss?
Social stigma(?) or something like that
>>
Guy who is fairly hair lossing here.

Finasteride does has 10% side effects of low libido and less ejaculation but with every drug there are side effects; It's up to you to wheter you wanna gauge the pros and cons of taking it or not. As I understand, Fin is the best option and it slows the hair loss a lot.

If you're ugly shaped, do exercises for your head and get a correct body shape in the gym.

If you're concerned about how it affects your confidence, then realize that you're not the only bald person on the planet and that mostly all of us above 25 years are suffering (except like 20% of the guys) some sort of hair loss.

Most women don't care. Some think it's a turn off, some think it's hot. It's really indifferent for about the other half. It's really about the confidence and not being a shallow fuck.

Dunno man, I was really insecure about my hair some time back, but I started to calm down about the whole subject. It's just time and growing up.
>>
>>17335868
Start working out. How old are you?
>>
I'm in a similar boat, but have a different outlook to most. Most people would say that if you're going bald, it's no big deal. Buzz off the hair/get fit/grow a beard and Bob's your uncle. I honestly agree with this. I can grow a fantastic beard in little time, and feel the bald/muscular look is fantastic, but there's still so much I want to do with my hair. I want to dye mine different colours, try different styles and just go nuts. I can accept going bald, and don't mind ending up rocking the fit bald dude look, but at 22? Fucking hell. Ideally I'd like to wait until at least age 30 before I'd have to go that route, but fate isn't so kind. I'm so hair-obsessed that I'm likely going to go through the whole finasteride route for the next decade, completely understanding the risks - I'm so insanely dysmorphic and stubborn I'm risking not getting boners or other wonderful potentially permanent side effects. That being said though man, you need to weigh up what matters to you. Unless you get rich, or unless you're willing to take a risk on medications, you're going to be bald. But let me tell you, you're not going to get judged for it. And if you do, these people aren't worth your time anyway. Sorry for the random rant, but best of luck man. You're way more than just your hair.
>>
How is it possible that no one has asked for a pictures of OP's head yet? Post a picture of your head, OP. We will tell you if you're freaking the fuck out over nothing or if it's valid.
>>
Shave it all, wear a cap that looks good on you. Make it a part of you like glasses are for people whi need it. Im currently going through this too.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.