[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anyone have any idea of how to quit 4chan? i spend way too much
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4
File: pepefrog.jpg (122 KB, 1278x1181) Image search: [Google]
pepefrog.jpg
122 KB, 1278x1181
anyone have any idea of how to quit 4chan? i spend way too much time here, many hours a day. is there some way to block the site somehow? thanks
>>
Make a thread saying you are 12 years old, get b&
>>
File: forget.jpg (9 KB, 274x184) Image search: [Google]
forget.jpg
9 KB, 274x184
>>17335851
>>
>>17337156
Not okay but is in the somewhere you can has to be burnt without having to go through that's the trouble
>>
>>17337208
Congratulations, you're 12!
>>
I'm sure you have goals, I'm sure you have dreams- acknowledge that by quitting 4Chan or at least limiting your time here, you'll take the next step in doing what you want in life. If you don't have any, find some.

Walk the dog, clean the house, read some books, find some other task to occupy your mind with, if only for a short while.

I wouldn't recommend iust outright quitting either. Slowly reduce the amount of time you spend online over a month, and by the end of the month you should only be on for about an hour.

You can do it anon!
>>
>>17335851

>Don't want to go on 4chan anymore
>Don't know what to do
>I think I'll make a thread on 4chan asking what to do

Do you see the problem with this? Don't come on if you think the site is having a negative effect on you. But I get that it's a hard addiction to kick. I find that I have pretty good willpower, but I still come on here so I use Leechblock. You're able to set times where certain sites are blocked. I have mine set to block between 9-5, so I'll have to start working in 9 minutes. You could even block the whole site but enable 4chan.org/adv, for instance. And you can even lockdown everything so you aren't able to even open up the settings to change the times. I mean you could use another browser or your phone, but at that point you might as well get back to what you were supposed to be doing.

You can also redirect to custom pages if you do try to go on a site. So I have mine set up to some witty motivational quote like "Get the fuck back to work!", and I change it every week.
>>
File: 918645.gif (449 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
918645.gif
449 KB, 500x500
>>17335851
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.