[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are social skills so valuable? No matter how hard i'll
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1467323739853.png (724 B, 246x184) Image search: [Google]
1467323739853.png
724 B, 246x184
Why are social skills so valuable?
No matter how hard i'll work i'll end up on a wage-slave job? I try to avoid socializing when i can, because i never enjoy it.
>>
Because most of the real world is built on social connections. It's what helps you get a job over someone equally qualified, it's what enables you to move up the ranks of employment, it's what helps you work well with your coworkers and get good reviews. Basically if people like you, if your boss likes you, if your coworkers like you, life is easier. If you are a neckbeard autist who can't work with anyone you are a detriment to the company and it's image.
>>
>>17335366

>If you are a neckbeard autist

About 90% of us here on 4chan then.
>>
Ive got news for you pretty boy. not even in a wage slave job will u escape interaction. actually it is worse there, cause you are in the down position from the start. in otherjobs u all start at the same level and interaction decides those up and down.

it is inescapable.
>>
>>17335395
Speak for yourself,this isn't 2008 anymore. Many tards have learned how to become socially adjusted and this place is flooded with newfag now.

You are doomed to working wages lave jobs if you do not advance, improve and learn about your social standing. Every human on earth runs on their emotions and bases their decisions off of how they feel about a certain topic or person. Enjoying it is irrelevant, it must be done if you are to get anywhere. You might not enjoy maintaining the things you own, but if you neglect them entirely they will decay in disuse. It is the same for interpersonal relationships - you must keep them intact to succeed in anything. You are not a one man band. You interact with your family,your employers, your friends, your lovers, people you meet for just a few seconds. The way they think of you will determine how much they're willing to stick their neck out for you. If they don't like you or feel you avoid them, no one will ever go out of their way to help you. Make friends everywhere you go, and you will find yourself in trouble less and a surplus of help and goodwill.
>>
>>17335355
Find a job that doesn't require much socialization. I can't small talk or be friendly/warm for shit but I still work as a programmer.
>>
>>17335425
Thanks, i'll try to drift towards this job.

>>17335403
I am not horribly socially inept, but socializing is what i try to avoid, when i can.

>>17335416
Is it bad that i'd rather settle with a worse job with less social interaction, then a better one with more?
Of course nobody gives a fuck, is it worth it though? Socializing makes me feel like life isn't worth living.
>>
>>17335355
Join Manhood Academy.
>>
>>17336304
I'm female
>>
>>17336314
I apologize
>>
>>17336314
Join Womanhood Academy
>>
>>17335355
there is socializing for a cause and just to be social/more popular/likable. Most teens and adults on their free time do the latter, that means talking just to talk, hear their words, have some social contact. At work you are mostly socializing for purpose when you actually need to say something, except when being social is the main thing you have to do. Even CEOs can have that introverted attitude of solving problems and being nice while doing it, instead of enjoying their own voice and having small talk.
>>
>>17336273
>>17335416
If you're not happy working in a terrible jib I'd assume you want a better one. But if you're actually happy working for 50 years in mcdonalds or a warehouse by all means, go for it. Personally I think stubbornly refusing change just because you're afraid to interact is rationally speaking quitr dumb.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.