[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A big chain of esport bars is opening one up in my town (USA)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: ss (2016-01-27 at 03.20.26).jpg (280 KB, 1345x891) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-01-27 at 03.20.26).jpg
280 KB, 1345x891
A big chain of esport bars is opening one up in my town (USA) and they want me as a special guest on the opening day because I used to be well known in a game's competitive scene (I only play casually nowadays)

They contacted me through email and asked me what is my "usual fee" for these kind of things. It's the definitely the first time i've been approached for such a thing and so I was wondering, what is an usual fee to appear as a special guest? I can't really ask him before then he will probably pay me the bare minimum and I know of nobody with a similar experience, so I though maybe one of you had a clue.

I honestly have no idea. I don't even know if this would be a one time payment or a hourly rate, but i want to gather as much information about this before looking like a fool and being paid peanuts

picture unrelated

tl;dr What is an "usual fee" for hiring someone as a special guest
>>
>>17334917
Kripparrian?
>>
>>17334917
Whats the chain called? I've never heard of a dedicated e-sport bar
>>
>>17334917
How long do they want you there? Come up with an hourly rate and then multiply it by the time you will be there. What game are they having you play?
>>
It all depends on the game. If you are a league/csgo star, you can peolly do about 100 an hour. Anything else is like 50. Tell me what game though im intrigued
>>
>>17334932
I don't want to say what chain it is, but i've checked and it's not a scam or bullshit. They have multiple bars in europe and a couple in north america

>>17334935
i've asked him more details including how long they want me there. from the looks of it they just want me to come and celebrate with everyone. they asked me well in advance probably because they want to use my name in advertising if I agree to it, this is why I think just multiplying a hourly rate might be too cheap

>>17334957
the game is league of legends and I used to play pro for it, but I haven't for two years
>>
>>17334974
Shit, were you LCS or just a CS. If you are LCS and decently profiled, that would make u 100 dollars an hour...

On a side note, how is life after league of legends. Do you just become a pin pushing normie that plays once in a while? I know chauster works for an accounting firm my friend has connections in. Im just a plat 3 normie waiting for my shot :^)
>>
If you still don't want to say what chain it is, that's fine, but it's pretty obviously Meltdown.
>>
>>17334917

Wut game that is?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.