[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I go about getting to where I want to be?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 9997039.jpg (11 KB, 199x194) Image search: [Google]
9997039.jpg
11 KB, 199x194
>Aged 26.
>Graduated from Imperial college with a 2.5-3 GPA.
>Would very much like to get into financial markets.
>Currently a payroll administrator.
>>
I've tried many brokerage firms, but I've not been able to get anywhere. Any advice?
>>
>financial markets
What do you mean?
What kind of jobs are you looking for?

You need experience and a proper degree to have some of those types of jobs.
>>
>>17334641
I really don't mind a broker position, but some type of analyst position is another thing I'd like to work towards. I really just want to get my foot in the industry somehow.

I'm afraid I don't have any experience in the industry, but I do have a maths degree.
>>
>>17334645
Do you have a business related portfolio?

If you could show some numerical financial analysis of the rise and fall of some stocks, you might be able to get your foot in the door.

Hell, you don't need a desk job. Turn a small amount of money in to something bigger by doing some research and investing wisely.
>>
>>17334664
Interesting, interesting.

>If you could show some numerical financial analysis of the rise and fall of some stocks, you might be able to get your foot in the door.
>Turn a small amount of money in to something bigger by doing some research and investing wisely.

Can you suggest any readings or study material that get me to these stages? Presumably, the first suggestion would involve getting to know VBA and Excel, wouldn't it?

I'm going to sound quite thick, but where do I start with building a 'business-related portfolio'? Would there be much point in going through the CFA study notes if my aim is just to get myself in there somehow?
>>
>>17334664
I may seem ill-prepared for all this, but I really have searched for the material related to the financial markets (stock, Forex, derivatives markets), and I'm frankly spoilt for choice on what I can start reading about. What I really want to know is what's the quickest and most efficient way for me to getting into the financial markets industry.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.