[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get over my fear of asking women out? I'm fine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_2037.jpg (3 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2037.jpg
3 MB, 4000x3000
How do I get over my fear of asking women out? I'm fine talking with them, can hold a fairly decent conversation, I just can't ask them out.

Id like to think I'm a fairly confident person, above average looks, good job, well above average intelligence; kind of faced rejection and felt like an outcast my whole life though.

Even if they show genuine interest in me, and I know they are single, I can't get myself to the point to ask for a number.

>Man up and do it.
I've tried, god have i tried, I just shut down.

Haven't been single my entire life, I've only dated one girl and it was a long, drawn out, bad relationship of 4 1/2 years. and she came to me, and gave me her number and made it very clear she wanted a relationship.
>>
>>17332462
>Haven't been single my entire life
>relationship of 4 1/2 years

You shouldn't be asking women out at 4 years old
>>
>>17332479
Funny you should joke about that, First time i told a girl i liked her i was 5, she laughed, told all her friends, i became a joke, and is probably the reason i have this problem 17 years later, because i literately haven't asked a girl out since.
>>
>>17332462
>Even if they show genuine interest in me
Try to realize that at that point, it's almost your duty to ask them out, and they'll feel bad if you don't.

That's what helped me at least, probably since i don't like bothering people (also a childhood thing).
If she does something to make it clear she likes me and wants me to ask her out, then i'm not bothering her, so it's fine.

Good luck.
>>
Let me share a tale from a Marine fag that happened tonight.
>be 20 year old Lance Corporal
>Alpha as fuck
>go to MCX in civies
>steel toed shoes, jeans, black shirt with design
>looking pretty badass
>pick up a few protein bars, bottle of green tea because tastes good
>get to cashier
>9/10 hottie, no ring on finger
>"so whats the design in your shirt?"
>strong confident alpha prepares to speak
>out comes the following words
"Its um i awu the dis jtdsur dignd itsashirt"
>grab my bag, leave, run back to barracks and stare at wall
>mfw i can never go back to the MCX

See? I'm confident, strong, alpha. Learn from me.
>>
>>17333044
That....actually helps a little.

>>17333067
Replace marine with firefighter and we are one of the same.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.