[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Last Friday I lost my voice at work. I continued the day the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 1466020980004.jpg (214 KB, 680x526) Image search: [Google]
1466020980004.jpg
214 KB, 680x526
Last Friday I lost my voice at work. I continued the day the best I could and went to the doctor Saturday taking the day off. I was diagnosed with laryngitis and given 20mg of prednisone 2x a day for 5 days. I had a cold which was a contributing factor. I went back to work Sunday even though my voice wasn't better because we're short staffed. I am off every Monday and Tuesday and tried to rest my voice the best I could. Monday I consumed 2 pints of beer.

I returned to work today and the more I started speaking the worse my voice got and I left at noon. My job is literally non stop talking and I can't do it without speaking. I got a refill of prednisone and I will be taking 3 20mg pills for 7 days.

I've been drinking lots of water and having green tea and honey and lots of cough drops since it started. I am addicted to caffeine so I've been drinking some sodas too, which I know is bad. Is there anything else I can do to shorten this? I really cannot take too many more days off of work, I feel terrible even though they understand and can hear how bad my voice is.
>>
I still have a cough and congestion and have been taking dayquil/nyquil 3x a day as well as flonaise.
>>
>>17331515
>how can I shorten this problem
>refuses to rest his voice

I think we can see what's going wrong here
>>
>>17331527
I can't take multiple days off work to heal my voice, that's not really an option. I work on comission, if I don't sell I don't get paid. I'm using paid sick days now to suppliment this bullshit.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.