[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are relationships a game of two people pretending to care
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: ogukzqphxt.jpg (344 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
ogukzqphxt.jpg
344 KB, 633x758
Why are relationships a game of two people pretending to care less? What evolutionary sense does that make?
>>
Dude Wat?
>>
Dunno. I prefer polyamory. 3 lovely ladies all loving each other is the way to go
>>
>>17331239
This. OP, all the healthy and lasting relationships are not a game of caring less. Did your parents have a happy marriage?
>>
>>17331223
People showing how much they care can come off as weakness or desperation, which most people don't like and isn't need for other future reasons(long relatioships, baby making, etc)
>>
>>17331223
Women instinctively follow a "approval proof" principle towards men; if a man has slept with many women, it means many women has approved of him. Thus other women can assume he is a good partner to mate with. Likewise, a man who is a virgin late into adulthood, bears proof of absence of approval of women. Other women can therefore assume that he would be disappointing as a partner.

Men who attract a lot of women are hardly impressed by surrounding women, and never put them on pedestals. These men expect women to chase them. Meanwhile, infatuation (from men) is typically a product of desperation, which is a red flag for women.
>>
>>17331239
>>17331249

If you don't know then you're probably the one who cares more than the other.
>>
File: PrimateBehavior.jpg (103 KB, 468x421) Image search: [Google]
PrimateBehavior.jpg
103 KB, 468x421
>>17331223
Because people are descended from chimps, and antisocial (machiavellian, in this case) behavior is normative. Especially in response to social threats.

Unfortunately.
>>
>>17331385
>Because people are descended from chimps
Are we now?
>>
>>17331223
I don't really know but it sure is anticlimatic to the whole ordeal of love between two people to be reduced to playing such boring games.

I know this shit is real but I still think it's stupid and if you want to get some you have to play, that made me kinda nihilistic about love when it's about a monogamous relationship.
The pure concept of daring to abandon/cheat just because of sexual impulses fill me with dread, the least I can do is to not fall from that myself.
>>
File: bday.png (952 KB, 1080x1442) Image search: [Google]
bday.png
952 KB, 1080x1442
Thing is, its not all about acting uninterested. As you can see, this girl is clearly interested in me. She even initated the convo with me (which started earlier.) It means I have a chance to further her interest until we fuck one day by showing interest myself
>>
You're confusing attracting a mate with maintaining a relationship. Those are two very different things
>>
>>17331385
That picture turned me into a Silverback.

Am I Alpha now?
>>
>>17331438
Silverbacks are gorillas, dumbass
>>
>>17331380
Nope. Again, did your parents have a good relationship with each other? This is where people learn the majority of relationship interaction, and why people from unhappy marriages, divorced homes, and single parents have such abysmal statistics for their own marriages.

>>17331385
>Because people are descended from chimps

Please stop, you obviously have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>17331438
Silverbacks aren't actually attractive to females, tho...
>>
>>17331454
Well shit then I turned into an attractive monkey.
>>
>>17331410
Fine, the common ancestor of both species.
>>
>>17331454
Silverbacks are the equivalent of "old guy with a ponytail" in the gorilla world.
>>
>>17331223
Nope. Relationships are what you make of it. You seem to be in your teens. Trust me the crazy will be gone once your over puberty.
>>
>>17331512
>>>17331454
>Silverbacks are the equivalent of "old guy with a ponytail" in the gorilla world.

Except that old guy with a ponytail is Danny Trejo
>>
>>17331435
>He's not an alpha who romantically pursues every single person he knows all the time
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.