[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/b/ was no help so I guess I'll come here. Haven't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1464956177779.png (271 KB, 636x480) Image search: [Google]
1464956177779.png
271 KB, 636x480
/b/ was no help so I guess I'll come here. Haven't posted here before. Sorry.
>Be me
>like 12 or some shit
>loner kid with no friends
>playing Maplestory
>complete scrub
>find high level person one day
>super nice
>stay around them and chat
>add them
>start talking to them whenever I can
>become really close friends
>find out she's 5 years older
>only friend I can rely on
>only friend that doesn't talk shit or make fun of me
>fastforward 2 years
>fighting with her boyfriend
>they end up breaking up
cont.
>>
ad block stopped me from posting
>says she liked me
>being 14 and alone, I tell her I liked her too
>"internet date" on maplestory for like 2 years
>starts going afk for 2 hours and then disappearing on random days
>sometimes doesn't come on at all
>comes back
>stays for a few months
>back to our old ways
>literally spend hours a day just sitting on Maplestory, chatting to each other
>genuinely seems like she wants to be there for me as much as she can
>end up getting her 2 games on steam totalling like 80 us
>while later she comes on every once in a while. Few weeks or so
>comes back a year or 2 later
>says she's sorry for being gone for so long
>doesn't explain herself when i ask
>disappears the same day
>>
>comes back a few months ago
>ask her to prove she is who she says she is
>never seen her outside of pictures
>tries to set up webcam
>says it's not working
>ask her to screenshare
>screenshares
>goes to camera settings
>has manycam
>camera spoofing program
>confront her about it
>says she thought it was a driver or something to make it work
>says she'll work on it later
>disappears shortly after ending the call
>haven't heard from her since
>>
It's been 8 years since I met her. About 6 since she was on regularly. We shared a lot of good moments together so it's really hard for me to let go, even if I believe they were fake all along. I'm now 20 with severe depression and anxiety and thinking of them or even listening to something resembling the music causes me to feel like complete shit. Anyone got any advice? Should I take their word on it and believe they were who they said they were or should I just stop chasing it and let it go? If the latter, any tips on how?
>>
Bumping just the once on my phone in case you guys missed it. Won't bump again. Sorry. Any serious help is appreciated
>>
>>17330803
The truth is never a bad thing but at the same time you don't always need it.

Kinda like pizza.
>>
>>17330837
I just want to know who they are and why they led me on for so long if they aren't who they said they were.
>>
>>17330843
I'd suggest asking them that. You won't find your answer here.
>>
Kek this story is gold
>>
lol and i thought i could use some advice
>>
I stopped playing MMOs years ago, for a myriad of reasons. Mostly because I felt like they're a complete waste of time, and some of them are awful from bottom to top. Certain ones--like Maplestory-- are exceptionally insidious.

Lots of them have players that treat it like a glorified chat room. They're an escape for people who want a break from the world and play a cute anime girl wielding a giant axe or some shit, and while that's fine on its own, it's when the player begins to rely on MMOs as a source of social interaction that it becomes a problem.

Let's use you for an example, and lets explore a possibility to answer your question(s) here>>17330843
>I just want to know who they are and why they led me on for so long if they aren't who they said they were.

Well friend, they were probably someone much like you who was simply lying about their age and gender. They probably lied and said they were a girl for attention/free shit/for the thrill of it, and they probably lied about their age because seeming older automatically = being cooler and wiser to youngsters like yourself.

As for why they led you on for so long? Nobody but 'her' can honestly say. Maybe it's because they saw that they were actually getting something out of it all (considering you did give 'her' free shit), or because they were more comfortable acting the part than they were with being their true self, or any other of fucked up reasons.

>should I just stop chasing it and let it go?
what the fuck else are you gonna do? let it haunt you 'till the end of time? Dig up their info and stalk them irl?
Let it be dude. If you're seriously claiming to be depressed and have anxiety and are on a mongolian basket weaving forum asking for advice about your eight-year old e-crush, maybe you should focus on the more fruitful, grounded aspects of your life and improving those things instead of pursuing this
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.