[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the best date you ever had? I would really like some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Romantic-Date.jpg (19 KB, 462x260) Image search: [Google]
Romantic-Date.jpg
19 KB, 462x260
What was the best date you ever had?

I would really like some date ideas. Something slightly past the usual dinner/movie/walk in the park that seems to have fallen flat time and time again.

I'm trying to save a strained relationship. Things are dead as hell between us and if this doesn't work, I'm going to break up with her, but I want to try and give her a really great date first and see if any of that spark can be rekindled.

I have a little bit of money saved up that I can spend, but obviously hesitant to drop my savings on a relationship that might not work out, so not taking any trips or anything. I really only have one evening to work with anyways, this Thursday.

I live in a mid-sized city with most modern conveniences.
>>
>I'm trying to save a strained relationship.
A date isn't going to save it, let's be honest.
>>
It was an anniversary, 7 years iirc. We had a lot of sex, obviously. For the date itself, I took her to where we had our very first date and recreated it. Sweet and simple.
>>
>>17328877

No shit. But I'm trying to find out if there's any potential at all for it to be saved.

>>17328879

That's a great idea but I took her there two weeks ago, so that won't work out for me.
>>
>>17328868
been awhile. girls just seem to wanna do every day shit as "dates" I wanna go do actual exciting shit. I want to go indoor skydiving. I want to go hiking. I want to catch a weekend flight to the mountains just to smell pine trees (not quite there financially, soon though). I want to wake up and just go "roadtrip to blue water beaches?" and she goes "sounds good to me I don't have work for 3 days" but nope, just boring.... not that many dates either. obviously those things aren't really first date material but netflix and chill, or going for coffee gets real old real fast.

I haven't even had friends that want to go to resturaunts or any event at all in my life for the last 5 years. I'M SO FUCKING BORED.
>>
>>17328923
Have you tried getting friends to do that shit with? It's not like you can only do those things with a girl
>>
Chipotle and minigolf. No joke
>>
>>17328868
>What was the best date you ever had?
This is already the wrong question and your hopeless romantic dreams need to be destroyed.
>I'm trying to save a strained relationship
Oh god it's even worse than I feared!
> obviously hesitant to drop my savings on a relationship that might not work out
You should listen to yourself.

Anyway, the reason "best date?" is the wrong question IMO is because you're putting too much pressure on something that really doesn't matter. A date is not going to make or break your relationshit unless your relationshit is actual shit.

Stop wasting time on your shitty relationship. Find one that's better right off the bat and work hard to make THAT one work.

Now, for my date:
>Went to local bar
>i had never been there
>i don't even drink
>but it seemed like a decent place, retro vibe, juke box, close to my house
>show up a bit early
>fat girl at the front door chats me up
>fat girl buys me a drink
>fat girl and I are now chatting inside the bar
>my actual date comes in
>we've never met before in person (ty internet dating!)
>fat girl looks where I'm looking
>my date is now staring at the two of us
>I yell "Hey!" and wave
>my dates blushes and comes over
>fat girl gets really embarrassed, get up, apologizes to me, and leaves (doesn't ask anything about what's going on)
>my date is now giggling and blushing and asking me if we should reschedule
>i tell her i don't even know that girl
>date seems to be very impressed that fat women buy me drinks

>we chat a lot balh blah blah
>drink shows up
>we look around confused until we see fat girl sitting at the end of the bar
>she winks at us lol

>date goes to the bathroom
>guy sitting next to me whistles, looks at me, and just say's "Congratulations"
>I tell him "yeah she's a lucky girl" he giggles
>we start talking
>date gets back from bathroom and we talk to random dude for a while

>i get tired
>tell girl it's bed time
>walk her to her car
>crash at home
>>
>>17328970

She hates Chipolte. Minigolf isn't a bad idea, but the only place I know of in town closed down. Time to find out if there's another one some where.
>>
>>17328954
yeah, and one of three things tends to happen. they move, they would rather hang out with longer term friends, or they get all settled right as we become friends and somehow that means all they want to do is go to the same restaurant maybe once every 5 months.

there isn't exactly a group to go to called "people that want to do stuff other than going to the same restaurant once ever 5 months for 2 years." it's not a thing.

I've tried getting people to do stuff. you suggest going out to do anything more than three times I've found people start getting pissy.
>>
>>17329017
Go out and do things by yourself, meet people who are doing the same things. Do things with the people you meet.
>>
I like doing whatever with no real plan, is there a cool area in your city that you can hang out around and go to cafes have a couple drinks, admire architecture, etc? Dinner can be pretty awkward if you're meeting someone new and seeing a movie is a pretty anti-social activity.
>>
>>17329003
>Stop wasting time on your shitty relationship. Find one that's better right off the bat and work hard to make THAT one work.

That's more or less what I'm doing here. Don't worry, I don't have any delusions about an amazing date saving my relationship. I just need to make sure for myself that's it's not just because I'm not putting enough effort in or something. There are plenty of other problems, but to be honest, I've always been the dumpee, not the dumper, and I need a catalyst of sorts if I'm going to man up and end things.

But if things are different for that night, I'll try to step up my game, talk to her about where we're at and see if it can't be salvaged.

Thanks for the advice and for sharing your date story.
>>
>>17329031

There is exactly one cool area in m city and everyone's explored every nook of it. I'm not just meeting her, it's been a long relationship and it's just lost any and all passion or even romantic affection. But I can concede that taking her to the same mongolian grill once every couple of months isn't terribly exciting, so here I am.
>>
>>17329058
dam i havent had mongolian bbq in for-fucking-ever
>>
>>17328879

how bout you tell us what and where your first date was you fucking mongoloid

Do you think we're your best friends or something?
>>
>>17329003

nice read, but that sounds like hanging out rather than a date

what makes a date different than a hang-out? Because you could have replaced the girl with a guy and your story would have read exactly the same.
>>
>>17329058
Surprise her with a romantic dinner that you cook. Light candles, etc.

Do something fun before. Maybe a game together ? Wii bowling ? Monopoly ? Whatever you can both do together that will lighten the mood.
Does she like animals ? Take her to the local zoo.

I did an Italian night for my partner. I cooked pizzas and other italian inspired foods. I found an italian card game for us to play. I made italian inspired drinks, and I even found some music that went along with the night.
It was a lot of fun and we now plan similar nights every few months.
If you plan a mexican night don't forget the sombrero's and a gringo mustache.
>>
>>17329113
this is the most cringeworthy turbonormie thing ive heard in a while.

but hey, if it worked for you, who cares what i think right? good for you man
>>
>>17329117
>turbonormie

livin on the edge bru
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.