[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Depression
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: punpun.jpg (12 KB, 400x290) Image search: [Google]
punpun.jpg
12 KB, 400x290
I'm 26M.
Last week I was fired from the job I've been worked for about 3 years and a half.
I've got enough money to survive for about a year without worries. So money isn't really a issue at the moment.
My real problem is that, back when I was working, I looked forward to coming back home and relax doing whatever on the internet, usually when until up late at night just wasting time.
I usually didn't hang out with people I worked with, I just leave my job immediately to occupy in my own business, and I was fine with that.
But now I feel hollow, I feel that I had no purpose.
I had no friends, haven't got a girlfriend nor have sex since 2008. I still live with my parents, I do pay some bills tho.
I don't drink alcohol or do any kind of drugs, and I don't really want to.
I've always been an introvert. So hanging out with people is not something I want to do too m.
I just want to find a way to spice up my life some how.
how do I find motivation to do anything anymore?
>>
Listen to anything from David choe, joe rogan, Duncan trussell and watch thumbs up series on YouTube.

Help yourself, help others, change your environment .. try harder work harder things changed for a reason look on the positive side. Where do you live? If USA I'd recommend getting a nice van or rv and taking a road trip along the west coast and desert. Be creative.
>>
>>17328183
sadly I'm trapped in a 3rd world south american country and there's not much I can do about it.
Even trying to volunteer somewhere else would be really expensive and an investment I'm not willing to do at the moment.
I've been thinking on moving by my own for a chance, but I've never live by myself and doing it at the moment would be really hard monetary as I see it.
Thanks for your reply.
>>
>>17328147
Is your first priority to get a job? Logically, I think it should be, especially because you don't have your own place yet, which makes me think you're financially dependent.

I would think that, if you enjoyed your line of work, then getting a job would also provide you with that self-fulfillment that you seem to need.
>>
>>17328444
I do have some savings. I could afford moving by my own at the moment, but since I don't have an constant source of income anymore
and don't really know if I would be able to find a suitable job for me in this city, moving out now seems kind of risky and unnecessary.
Related to the job thing, I think I enjoyed 'some' of the people I worked with rather than working itself.
I think I started regretting not bonding more with 'some' of them, but again, I would probably would feel worse if I was actually closer than I was.
I don't really know if just finding a new job would solve my problems all together, most days I didn't even want to be there in the first place,
but I kept convincing myself that the money was good enough (I could have been doing better, just don't know where) and that prevent me to ever find something better..
But I guess it would be my priority right now.
I've got this problem, is hard for me to get close to people in fear stuff like this happens, I try to keep things as shallow as possible and always act uninterested.
Even when people gain interest on my I just pretend I'm busy and just ditch them all the time. I've got bad experiences with people before that made it really hard for me
to trust and feel comfortable with people, even more in a work environment (that's the only place that I actually interacted with people beside my family) where you have
to interact with this people everyday and if something goes wrong it would affect both your personal life and profession.
Before I could fill this hole with video games, anime or movies, whatever really, I would just lock myself out of the world into my own interests and everything was fine like that.
I was too comfortable with my life and now that I'm forced to change my way of life, I feel that I'm not prepared for it.
I'm 26 and I don't really feel like an adult. I don't have any responsibilities at the moment, no job, not debts, no children, not nothing.. not motivation.
>>
>>17328629
>Before I could fill this hole with video games, anime or movies, whatever really, I would just lock myself out of the world into my own interests and everything was fine like that.

Yeah, but the problem with that is that it either ends or it just becomes stale and you get this gnawing feeling of emptiness.
>>
I feel the same way OP, but calm down. You'll be all right. Start looking for work ASAP. Apply wherever you can and try to get an income coming in, because if you start slacking off, it'll be a slippery slope down.

I don't have the answer either though. I'm younger than you and reject most people, but I have made a couple friends at work. Just take it as something that can happen; a want, not a need. You don't need to have friends but you do need to treat people reasonably. Look into yourself, find out who you are. I've been working on that for years and if nothing else it keeps me occupied, but I don't think I'm doin' it right. I've kind of just accepted I can't be really happy. I just go on knowing there will be little moments where I'll laugh or enjoy something and that's just okay, y'know. It is what it is. Could be worse.
>>
File: 1467511190114.png (106 KB, 322x332) Image search: [Google]
1467511190114.png
106 KB, 322x332
>>17328647
>>17328661
thanks for your replies.

I guess abstaining myself from things that I like would made me enjoying in them better than if I just could have them at all times.

I'll try to find a job in some other city, even if it would hit me hard, specially because I've never done it before, I guess this is the right time to do it.
>>
>>17328147

when was the last time you took an actual vacation?
>>
>>17329227
Like 3 years ago.
Wh-why?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.