[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should my girlfriend be a high school teacher or a an RN in a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1467756378420.jpg (919 KB, 1840x3264) Image search: [Google]
1467756378420.jpg
919 KB, 1840x3264
Should my girlfriend be a high school teacher or a an RN in a hospital?

We want to have 3-6 kids... I told her that working at a high school guarantees free daycare, and a bit of the summer off too....

With an RN, she'd potentially work just a few (long) days out of the week, which would help with the children as well, being home for four out of the seven days

What do you think bros?

I should note that I myself am wanting to become an RN as well (NICU)
>>
If she does become an RN make sure she stays as far as possible away from the ER. Being a nurse is always stressful but being an ER nurse takes it to a whole other level.

In the end though it's her decision to make and she should be motivated primarily by what she's more passionate about. BTW don't have 6 fucking kids, 3 is more than enough.
>>
R any of u in a university at the moment. Or are all of u just planning this stiff out
>>
>>17327678
I'd say teaching is a more kid-raising-friendly career, if that makes any sense.

My husband's best friend (let's call him Derek)'s wife (let's call her Christina) is a nurse and Derek stays home with the kids every day. Those are absolutely the shittiest kids I've ever seen. Constantly screaming and he never does anything about it, it's almost like he's given up. They just had their third kid, unfortunately.

Don't be like Derek, OP. Kids need their mother.
>>
>>17327699
Yeah, she wants to get into surgery

>>17327726
Im at a community college now, she's going to start this fall, to at least build some credits for the time when she's ready to decide

>>17327737
Hmmmmm
>>
>>17327743
Then why not become an or tec?
>>
It really depends on whether she wants to save people's lives physically or mentally.

If you think about it, both career paths will impact someone's life, and that is incredibly admirable and you should be lucky to be with someone who wants to do that. Your girlfriend just needs to figure out HOW she wants to help peopl . Once she does, then she has her answer.
>>
High school teacher will have summers off which will be nice. Make ~50k/year.

RN's will make a bit more (~65k/year), plus better hours depending on the type of person you are (3 days/week @ 12hr shifts). More stress depending on what department you're in. Excellent healthcare.
>>
Do nursing. More money, more free time, more stress. I work in the ER. EMS is like being on the football team. All the cool kids.
>>
>>17327678
Your gf is beautiful by the way.

Being a high school teacher demands a strong presence. Being an RN requires mainly lots of stamina.

You should ask what were her main interests back then and how well she did in her subjects in school. I wouldn't recommend being a teacher or professor to people who did average or below average in grade school.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.