[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Recently my girlfriend broke up with me, but it was on good terms.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
Recently my girlfriend broke up with me, but it was on good terms. She lives 180 miles away from me and we broke up because she didn't want to have a long distance relationship.

Do you think I should wait and maybe try again in the future or should I just give up? I'm shit with women and don't think I could get anyone else.
>>
>>17327340
hit the gym and halt communication. pursue other women.

waiting around for someone that has explicitly stated that they aren't interested in a relationship with you is about as cucked as you can get.

thank me later, friend.
>>
>>17327340
quicker you admit it is over the quicker you move on
>>
I'm in the same situation. I texted her for a short time after and went to therapy. It's totally aggravating when you tell people that your girlfriend is 2-3 hours away and the first bit of advice is a LDR when she doesn't want one.

Move on. It's going to feel very, very slow though.
>>
>>17327426
How long ago was it since you broke up with yours?

>>17327343
I'm scrawny as hell though. Wouldn't it be weird for some guy who's super skinny to walk into the gym and start lifting?
>>
>>17327497
Back in May. I had to reconnect with my friends again since I put all my social energies into her. She went on how easy it is to find girls like her. That was very irritating.
>>
>>17327497

Fuck no. Everyone starts somewhere. I'm a skeleton and lift everyday. I don't care what the bigger people think. I'm there for myself. Just eat a lot of food and keep going. I'm still struggling on the eating and it's holding me back, but I also just quit being a pothead recently. Life is way too short to miss a single opportunity because of some bullshit in your head.

You know what people in the gym respect? Dedication. That's why they are there and if they see you being dedicated they are a lot more likely to feel like you are on your way, and will most likely be kind and give you tips. Never stop believing in yourself. And get those calories in you
>>
>>17327528
That sounds like my situation too. I often ignored my friends just to talk to her though. I'm glad my friends didn't really care about what I did and they are really helping me through this now. I hope your situation gets better man.
>>
>>17327583
Good luck. It's very frustrating right now when I'm being social. From Netflix and chill with friends to going out to festivals around town. Every time it's like, this would be so much better if she was here and she would like this.

The break up was very amicable but it feels like I was more invested in the relationship than she was toward the end.
>>
LOL. I told a girl I didn't want a LDR so she called my bluff and I ended up marrying her. 50 years later, I still can't believe it. Oh well.
>>
>>17327557
Thank you so much man. That was super inspirational. You need to be my life coach

>>17327602
That is honestly giving me the feels man. It feels the same way for me too. It's so weird to be doing things without her because we did everything together. I know though, that when I make it past this it'll make me a stronger person and maybe I'll even find someone better to share memories with in the future.
>>
File: 7393.jpg (78 KB, 600x408) Image search: [Google]
7393.jpg
78 KB, 600x408
>>17327751
Every week is a drag. I've seen other people here on /adv/ talk about their perception of time being greatly altered post-breakup so I had some context for what I was feeling. I'm going to talk to my therapist next week. It doesn't help that I'm 30. Even my therapist warned me about being in single mom territory.

I'm stepping outside my boundaries by being more social, even during the work week, but it just ends up reminding me of all the time I spend with her. She even told me I was lucky I got to stay in the city and she had to move to the middle of fucking nowhere for work.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.