[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm 24 now and ever since I was around 16 I've had
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1449992082326.jpg (1 MB, 2017x1445) Image search: [Google]
1449992082326.jpg
1 MB, 2017x1445
I'm 24 now and ever since I was around 16 I've had anxiety. All the general shit you'd associate with it like feeling dizzy in large crowds, being twitchy as fuck, lack of confidence, feel like you're boiling inside when trying to talk to people etc.

The worst however is any time I eat I get the sensation that I'm choking and can't breathe. This shit happens a lot especially when I try to eat meat or large meals. I went out with friends the other night for dinner and after eating only 2/3rds of the meal, which wasn't that large to begin with I felt like I couldn't breathe and was choking. The pressure then builds up and you panic and panic while trying to act like everything's normal and then make an excuse to run to the bathroom to freak out like you're dying in some stall, or you wake up in the middle of the night unable to catch a breath feeling like you're choking on phlegm.

It's honestly gotten to the point were I kinda just want to shoot myself. I literally cannot eat a fucking meal without this sensation of being unable to breathe, feeling like the food is caught in throat or chest or whatever. I've had camera tests, blood tests etc done and everything came back normal so multiple times the doc has just said it's in my head. I've tried anxiety medication and it just fucks with my head and makes me feel sick and shit.

Even when I'm sitting there telling myself it's all in my head and not real, it still fucking happens. I just had a cup of tea with a few biscuits, then spent the last half hour walking around my flat light headed to the point where I feel like fainting and any tiny amount of light feels like a flash of the sun and I get dizzy because I feel like I can't fucking breathe.

I wouldn't wish this shit on anyone but I fucking hope there's at least someone here that's had this who can offer any advice.
>>
>>17327306
You need therapy and medication OP. CBT and an SSRI works for this for most people. They might give you some more potent meds for panic attacks until your anxiety becomes manageable. I'm dealing with this same shit right now. It can get better I promise.
>>
You should probably look for professional help, OP.
While i struggle with anxiety myself those choking sensations sound fucking dangerous. Btw. with professional help i dont mean any more fucking doctors or any more meds, that shit obviously went nowhere.
I doubt anyone here can really help you out since we have no clue where your anxiety started and why it grew to such proportions
>>
>>17327306
What medications did they give you?
>>
>>17327318
What's CBT and SSRI?

>>17327325
Don't really have the money to pay for non local doctors, but I'm trying a different doc hopefully next week to try and get some help.

>>17327328
I can't remember the anxiety medication as it was a while ago but they put me on mebeverine or some shit to help with the sensation. It doesn't really do much though.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.