[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do exes ever get back together?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1465832640027.jpg (770 KB, 1920x1306) Image search: [Google]
1465832640027.jpg
770 KB, 1920x1306
Do exes ever get back together?
>>
bumping for answers as well, I am in a situtaion where I'd do anything to get back with my ex (even if I know it probably won't happen)
>>
Yes.
>>
>>17326042
With an axe.
>>
>>17326042

No, it has never happened once, ever.
>>
>>17326042
I did. Dated a guy in high school for two years. We split when I went to college across the country. Reconnected when I was 24. Dated for another year. It didn't work out in the end because we're fundamentally different people. The stuff that bothered me when we were 17-18 never changed. Just who he is as a person didn't mesh with me. I don't regret trying, because we still had fun and he's a great guy. Just not a good guy for me. I suppose that's the positive part of every breakup. You realize more and more who you are and what you need out of a partner. By going back to an ex, you're risking (greatly risking, even) never having that growth. I dated other people inbetween that particular ex, so it helped me know when to say "ok, this isn't right." If you always go back to what's familiar, you never know what else is out there. And I promise, there are better and more compatible people out there. Even someone who you think is "the one" is just one of millions of people you could learn to love in just the same way.
>>
>>17326042
Some do. Some don't. Everyone's situation is different. No one can apply their relationship experience directly 1:1 to yours. Stop trying.
>>
>>17326042
Yeah but generally it doesn't last.
>>
>>17326042
Yeah. Depends on how the relationship ended, but it's better to stay apart.
There are alot of more fish in the sea.
>>
>>17326159
This. Just got out of a 1 year and I feel fucking depressed right now. My subconscious mind is doing everything to make me contact her, but I know it's in my best interest to let it pass consciously. Seriously fuck the human brain, I feel like I have no control!
>>
Short answer: No. They don't.
Long answer: It does happen sometimes. But even these cases almost never end well: even when it's not an outright cycle of abuse, it is usually still a toxic cycle in its own right. You are better off never entertaining the possibility.
>>
>>17326042
Investing
>>
File: 1466830024573.jpg (209 KB, 1600x1005) Image search: [Google]
1466830024573.jpg
209 KB, 1600x1005
OP here.
Thanks for your honest answers.
RIP my ex I guess.
>>
>>17326042
Yes and they are worse off because of it.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.