[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>been wearing the same clothes for the past decade >clothes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1467425994100.gif (744 KB, 640x499) Image search: [Google]
1467425994100.gif
744 KB, 640x499
>been wearing the same clothes for the past decade
>clothes have holes, falling apart, don't fit
>start shopping for new clothes
>want something nice that will last but also affordable, avoid designer clothes like the plague
>2 shirts, 2 jeans, 2 jackets
>$500

How the FUCK can people afford to clothe themselves?
>>
Go to discount places like ross or burlington coat factory

Shit even sears and kohls I could get shirts and pants cheap
>>
Walmart has jeans for like $12. Nice? Who the fuck cares when they're that cheap, and jeans are all the same anyways. The wonders of Chinese slave labor have made clothes cheaper than ever, unless you are a cuck who pays a premium for the same sweatshop product with nothing more than a different label.
>>
>>17322796
Shop at thrift stores, military surplus, and other second hand stores.
Take the time to look for quality items. There are plenty of people who throw out high quality threads bc they grew out of them, or don't have room.
>>
>$500
Where in the name of fuck are you shopping?
Quality clothing shouldn't be any more than $30 per item. Up to $90-150 for a REALLY nice coat, which you shouldn't need to replace for a decade.

Also
>been wearing the same clothes for the past decade
Congrats now you get to wear these for another decade. $500 is pretty cheap over 10 years.
>>
>>17322796
>2016
>not getting the same exact clothes from a thrift store for $2 each.
>>
I generally shop at Macy's and Sears but wait for a sale. You can also get some decent stuff at wallmart/kmart sometimes.
>>
Where are you shopping? You need to avoid the fast-fashion places if you want decent quality, yes, but that sounds awfully pricey for decent quality and durability.
>>
>>17322957
This. Found a couple brand name shirts with tags still on them
>>
>>17322941

I just got about 5 pants and 5 shirts from Ross for about $150. That was without consideration for price, just stuff I liked.
>>
>>17322796
I do much of my shopping at Macy's; I like being able to get everything in one place. Another advantage is that nearly everything is usually on sale.

I wear suits to work, so I'm compelled to shell out a bit more than casual types, but I shop less than once a year and keep my wardrobe fresh enough that nobody looks at me funny at work (my rule is to never wear the same suit more than once in a week, so I need at least five suits or combinations of separates in circulation at all times, but when I buy a suit it lasts for multiple years--some of my suits are more than 10 years old by now).

But I supplement the big ticket items (suits/separates and shoes, mostly) with shirts from Ross (see also TJ Maxx; same basic idea)--these are rarely more than $20 apiece, for nearly the same stuff I get at a full-service department store. Sometimes exactly the same stuff. Ross is also good for jeans (Levi's for $20, or even less for unpopular finishes and colors), sneakers, socks, and underwear. Can save even more by getting your undergarments at Target or Walmart, but the quality is a bit lower than the better-department-store-castoffs you get at Ross or TJ Maxx.
>>
OP here, thanks for the advice anons. I'm autismo when it comes to bargain shopping, since I shop so rarely to begin with.
>>
>>17322957
This. I've found brand new $60-70 dollar shoes at the Goodwill, there's no reason to pay the prices at a normal retail store.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.