[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I face another rejection I'm afraid my heart will literally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: index.jpg (11 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
11 KB, 225x225
If I face another rejection I'm afraid my heart will literally burst.

I've been rejected so much that I feel actual physical pain / pressure in much chest.

I can't take it anymore.

Anyone know how to heal?
>>
>>17321874
The fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>17321878

Heartache.
>>
>>17321874
Sounds like your trying to find someone to make you happy, you want to be happy before you find someone
>>
fuck bro just go out to the bar this weekend, buy a couple drinks for the first girl that talks to you, if she asks where your friends are say out smoking and walk across the street to the next bar
>>
>>17321874
I'm sorry to hear that you're hurting.

You can classify most people who are affected by rejection this much into categories, based on the type of rejection they typically receive. There are two common themes: I'll say that Type A is "let's just be friends" and Type B is "I'm not comfortable being around you anymore". Which type do you typically get, OP?
>>
>>17322567
this basically

is it possible, that you just push people to make a choise very early and without giving them time to think? maybe like all those people here who out of the blue "confess their feelings"?

when I am hurt, i nowadays go for a jogg, a brutally long one, so that I can at least dampen the pain with some other pain.
>>
>>17322713
>"confess their feelings"

Not really out of the blue, I usually wait until it gets to the point where I think it's obvious but sometimes she still hasn't gotten the hint yet for some reason, that's when I make it really, really obvious.

I don't really spill spaghetti, it's just normal rejection, but it hurts so much to have it happen every time I don't know how to deal with any more of it.

>>17322702
A, although they never really say that, they just say they're not looking and then basically expect the friend part to continue without saying anything about it.

I usually make it pretty obvious that I don't want to though.

>>17322567
I'm pretty happy up until I get shot down.
>>
>>17321874

My approach is to not have an approach.

I mean, I never ever ask girls to a date. I just wait patiently until luck strikes, so SHE comes to me and then I apply the magic. Then I act like disinterested (girls love that) until she falls in love with (I try to not act like another idiot), and voila! If not actual love, probably fuckbuddy at least.
>>
File: 978365.jpg (82 KB, 300x380) Image search: [Google]
978365.jpg
82 KB, 300x380
>>17321874
>Anyone know how to heal?
Hold on, I'm going to heal you mate.
>>
>>17322926
This. Don't let it clear that you like anyone before you are fairly sure they like you back. Even then it's no guarantee.
>>
Think about a famous actor, for example. In their youth, they were probably going out there day after day and getting rejected, told that they're hacks, you name it. And maybe they went back home and wallow in it for a little bit, but they were always there at the next audition. Eventually it works. Someone notices something in you others don't see, you finally improve yourself and step up to the plate, sometimes it's a total fluke. But it eventually works, and when it does nobody sees the years of rejection. It's the same for matters of the heart.

Are you physically injured? No? Then shut the fuck up, quit whining, and get back on your goddamn horse.

>>17322843
>I usually make it pretty obvious that I don't want to though.
There's your problem. You burn bridges. If they don't want you as a romantic partner they're useless to you. "oh, that's not how it is", you might think. But it is. You're telling these people "you have no human value to me beyond your holes". If that wasn't true, you'd be more than willing to get to know them and forge an actual connection. Fulfilling, loving relationships don't have to be romantic.
>>
>>17322936

Do you have ubercharge?
>>
>>17321874
That's weird. I've been rejected so much that I just don't care anymore. Each one hurt a little less. I thought that was how it was for everyone. Good to learn something everyday I guess.
>>
>>17323399
>don't have to be romantic

No cunt, they do. Especially if fulfilling, loving, non-romantic relationships is all that you've had. People need more, otherwise we'd all just be friends forever you silly cunt.
>>
File: 662750_original.png (104 KB, 244x165) Image search: [Google]
662750_original.png
104 KB, 244x165
>>17322926
This guy gets it. Disregard women and focus on yourself. Make money, work out, develop a skill (music, foreign language, woodworking, gardening, whatever), or anything productive. Then women will crawl to you.

[spoiler]And you can deny them once you realize deep down you always just wanted to be alone. [/spoiler]
>>
>>17324324
>anything productive

Does being the best gamer count?
>>
>>17321874
take a break from trying to meet girls. they'll still be there 6 months from now. spend that time doing something that is actually healing or restorative to you. I can't tell you what that is because I'm not you. but that is what worked for me.

nobody's holding a gun to your head forcing you to try to get laid/find a gf. you decided, consciously or unconsciously, that it was important. so make a conscious decision to focus on something else for a while.
>>
>>17324435
>6 months from now

No way, I've already waited too long. I might be dead in 6 months and still haven't kissed, fuck that. I need something that keeps me going.
>>
>>17324323
Fine, be a bitter cunt. You deserve all the rejection you get.
>>
>>17324687

> I have no argument so I'll just call you bitter.
>>
Do you want temporary heal? Drugs, alcohol and strippers will do the trick.
Do you want a permanent heal? Work on yourself and never lose hope. Also quit being too picky and lower your standards a bit. Not too much though. But remember, beggars can't be choosers.
>>
>>17321874
Tinder is your friend
>>
>>17324601
Then why are you here? You're rejecting really good advice and as a self-proclaimed narcissist you'll only be receptive to whatever bullshit advice that boosts you.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.