[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
help with laptop a friend has a dual booted laptop: windows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: laptop.jpg (7 KB, 232x217) Image search: [Google]
laptop.jpg
7 KB, 232x217
help with laptop

a friend has a dual booted laptop: windows and ubuntu.
The problem is the computer freezes and crashes. When we try to boot into ubuntu,
sometimes it freezes before we reach the user sign-in, but when we reach the user sign-in
the laptop eventually freezes. There is also a problem when trying to boot into safe mode.
When we try to boot into windows, we can use the laptop normal for some time but then
we get the blue screen of death.

my friend wants to get his files but he cant since he cant boot into his laptop. I was thinking
that we could just get his hard-drive and transfer the files and do a factory reset on his laptop.

should we even bother trying to fix his laptop to get the files at this point?
>>
>>17318618
Sudden Stops such as your situation may be caused by a damaged hard drive.
>I have a broken 100GB HDD that loads but it refuses to load anything else after boot, i used the same ISO on a usb and it worked fine
See if your hard drive has any broken sectors. If so buy a new hard drive and transfer it.
>>
>>>/g/
>>
The broken HDD has ubuntu. Broken HDD has been tested with With Win 7 before erasing. Win 7 blue screened multiple times. Also check if installing ubuntu change your SATA/Boot settings. It can cause a OS to brake if a wrong file system is used.
>>
>>17318618
If you make another thread, please send a link.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.