[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Emotional hangovers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
I started drinking and going out a few weeks ago after taking a break from alcohol for a couple of years. I've been getting pretty drunk, but not enough to puke or do anything that embarrassing/something I'd regret later.
The thing is, I've been waking up in the morning feeling mostly fine physically, maybe a bit tired or nauseous, but mentally I feel like I've been hit by a truck. Really depressed, can't stop crying, hard to get out of bed, etc.
Is it normal to feel depressed the day after drinking? Or is this really weird? I can't remember what I used to be like, but this doesn't seem to happen to any of my friends. Does anyone else experience this?
>>
>>17318223
I don't think it's normal.

Sounds like the alcohol and dehydration caused by it are creating some chemical imbalance in your head.
>>
That happened to me, but I'm always depressed when I'm sober, so there's that.
>>
>>17318223
>Is it normal to feel depressed the day after drinking?
Yes.

It's part of the hangover/withdrawal.

It's totally normal.

I'm an alcoholic. I'm drunk as fuck now. I know tomorrow I will feel shame and guilt even though I've done nothing but sit here and jack off.

It's just part of the hangover. Acetaldehyde makes you feel anxious.

You learn to get over it.
>>
>>17318244
Same

>>17318249
Damn. Any tips for dealing with it or do I just have to ride it out when it happens?
>>
>>17318281
The way I deal with it is that I know it's part of the chemical madness going on in my brain.
So when I feel like "Shit everyone knows I'm a drunk and saw how stupid I was last night even though I was alone", I dismiss it.

The true test comes when you get black out drunk and have to trust your drunkself.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.