[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what jobs can i get that are pretty good paying and easy if i
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1460198148611.jpg (32 KB, 478x470) Image search: [Google]
1460198148611.jpg
32 KB, 478x470
what jobs can i get that are pretty good paying and easy if i got a physics degree? it's the hardest subject for me so i want to focus on it as everything else i could learn on my own time.
>>
>I'm shit at physics so I'm going to pursue it as a career
Fuck, you're retarded
>>
I did this. I'm deathly afraid of speaking in public so I got a business degree. should have gone with my strengths.
>>
>>17317769
i want to learn what i feel i couldn't learn on my own time, plus i'm interested in the courseload for the honors program. how is that stupid? i think it's dumber to pay someone to teach you in an area you're already good at or comfortable learning on your own. i just want to know what pathways exist outside of academia for a physics degree holder. i do a lot of CAD and matlab work as is for my own projects.
>>
>>17317776
You're not going to get a job or into the honours program if you're shit at it.

And I promise you, you can't learn everything else to the same level as a university education, especially if you're a full time student or working full time at the same time.
>>
>>17317807
i'm not aiming for the full material of a program it's going to be extra shit like being able to do more advanced CAD drawings, fluid simulations, cost analysis, weiner process, and so forth, but i've already done programming for myself pertaining to database management and networking since that's what i was into through high school, but i don't want to go for a whole degree in that because i know i wouldn't be able to learn, say, phase spaces or the weiner process for finance analysis, and to me, that's a more valuable use of the academic resources presented to me in a courseload configured for physics and math since i can utilize that in multiple areas such as research, design, and development of both hardware and software solutions for shit like radars, vehicles, electronics, and one of the courses in the 4th year go into superconductors which i know is going to be a crucial knowledgebase for any research regarding electronic structure theory.

basically, i want to close the gap of theory and application. i don't want engineering because i don't want to do incremental improvements, but i'm not dumb enough to think i'll get an engineering job with a physics/math honors. hence why i'm here.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.