[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Legal /adv/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (118 KB, 507x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118 KB, 507x900
I have a roommate who is terrible at paying anything on time. He isn't on the lease but was told to put himself on the lease upon moving in and also around the month of February when it came to my attention he never did so. This however now means he is technically a sub tenant at this point, which under lease terms isn't allowed. I got fed up with him about a month or 6weeks ago and told him that I wanted him to move out in 7 days after he again was late to pay me back money he owed and that I'd pay him back his part of rent for the remainder of the month that he wouldn't be staying. I never formally nor officially said I'm evicting you. I told him verbatim, "You have seven days to move out, I already spoke to a lawyer, you have seven days." This isn't how a typical eviction must occur, and he is aware of that because he never left and also spoke to a lawyer. This all leads up to my question, today he said he will not be paying me back anything at all, the lease ends July 11. I have the funds to pay for everything however I do still want his money and justice. How well would the case hold up in small claims court? I have texts of all the times he said he was late to pay, as justification for why I wanted him to move out should he claim he doesn't need to pay a cent since I tried to "illegally evict" even though no formal eviction process was ever started. I really hate this guy.
>>
Take his ass to court and in the meantime make living there super uncomfortable. Walk around naked, watch titanic and shit on the floors.
>>
I do plan on changing wifi password
>>
>>17317102
>>17317083
But with that though since he is a sub tenant I do have to practice safe LL guidelines, I'm just pissed at how shitty of a person he is and how well the case could hold in Small Claims Court
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.