[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Throwing Up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
I haven't thrown up in over 5 years.
I used to be very afraid of throwing up but it's starting to die down. Now I'm just getting curious. I want to understand it better. I was hoping you could:

>Tell me about times that you guys have thrown up.
>How often do you throw up?
>Can you describe the feeling?
>Post anything about throwing up.
>>
I've noticed, in the case of myself, that drinking water when I get that hot feeling under my tongue before vomiting will actually PREVENT me from vomiting 90% of the time.
That said, sometimes my stomach hurts so bad that I WANT to vomit. I throw up probably once-thrice every 6 months. Usually because of heartburn or alcohol.
>>
Ok here goes

>Tell me about times that you guys have thrown up.
I'm bulimic which definitely helped me get over any fear of it
>How often do you throw up?
Recently almost never but for a long time it was around 5 times a day
>Can you describe the feeling?
You choke a few times and it feels weak and then you get a good choke, but the key is to ride with that and don't try and suppress it. That makes throwing up really horrible
>Post anything about throwing up
It's really not that scary if you don't resist what your body is naturally trying to do. Obviously for me it often isn't "natural" but I just mean the movements are natural
Knowing what to expect really helps too
>>
I went a looooooong time without puking till I was old enough to drink and the first time it happened to me after drinking too much I HATED it

still do, I can't stand it. I panic and can't breathe during and once it starts it just won't stop. I'll be sweating and crying uncontrollably and feel like my bodies trying to choke me to death. Last time I mixed alcohol and my body clearly didn't want to keep it in me I started chugging pepto and sat in front of the toilet for five hours fighting the urge to puke.
>>
>>17315582
Once vomited for an hour and a half straight apparently at a party -

What I remember from the first 5 minutes before blacking out
>need to vomit slowly rising
>make way to toilet
>sturdy self against side of toilet
>grab the seat, heave a few dry ones
>then a little bit
>then as many times as you can
it's easier if you just surrender yourself to the feeling and accept that life is going to suck for a couple of minutes at least, maybe more. the feeling is one of needing to get shit out of your body.

also after nights like that you will probably get sores in your mouth from the acidity of all the vomit, recommend getting some oral products for aftercare in case.
>>
I have crohns and throw up a lot. I have for the past 12 years. It is so common I am used to it. I just push my hair back and go for it.
>>
I have no memory of ever throwing up as a child. Got flu bugs and shit and just never did.

Had too much tequila at 19. Had my head in the toilet for a few hours and asked my friend to kill me and all that. Two weeks later I got a stomach bug and was vomiting and then dry heaving for 2 days straight.

Been there maybe half a dozen times in the following years. Never pleasant, but I feel like it's sort of important. I always get pretty detached and just focus on what a strange thing it is, your body just taking control and expelling everything, muscles do all the work on their own. It's a very human experience. Alexander probably drank too much wine a few nights here and there and had the same feeling. We're only meat machines.
>>
I really only throw up when I'm sick but there is a really specific feeling in the back of your throat kinda like you're salivating and that is the point of no return for me. Then I just let whatever my body decided was no bueno leave. It's only really painful when you hit pure stomach acid.
>>
>>17315618
Interesting.
When did you discover you had Crohn's disease and how? What makes you throw up?

>>17315602
I used to be like this and secretly I worry that I still would have a similar reaction. I stopped drinking, though, about a year ago because the phobia got so bad. And even though I feel less afraid of it, I'm still not ready to try drinking again.
>>
>>17315627
I do remember this about the few times I've thrown up.

The one I remember/don't remember in particular was caused by too much alcohol. I just remember crawling (couldn't walk) to a trash can and hearing myself throw up but being too dizzy to see it happen.

>>17315614
So you vomited while unconscious or did you just blank out the rest in your memory?
>>
OP, I think you should get some help

I mean, yeah, i've thrown up plenty of times, but it's not the thing I focus on. I drink pretty heavily and often so it's something that happens semi-regularly. If you get too fucked up and start throwing up or do it because you're hung-over it's because you've literally poisoned yourself (myself) and your body is trying to get rid of it.
>>
Nausea, worst feeling ever. I had a fit of vomiting a few days ago and I threw up so much, I could barely breathe, had traces of blood in my puke and was left shaking and weak like hell all day.

Mostly just nausea and gagging because I had nothing else to throw up. But as it happens, throwing up is actually a relief from that horrible nausea. That´s what I hate/fear most out of this, you just want to die when you're so nauseous.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.