[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the unwritten rules of online dating, like tinder?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: tinder.jpg (45 KB, 560x415) Image search: [Google]
tinder.jpg
45 KB, 560x415
What are the unwritten rules of online dating, like tinder?
>>
>>17315432
The girls are only there for attention and possibly free shit. Don't bother.
>>
1. be hot
1. a - be a girl
2. Don't take anything online seriously
3. It really is for getting laid, and everyone involved knows this to some degree. Getting a match is equivalent to looking at someone else at a bar and returning smiles. Going up to that person will probably mean getting ignored after a few words, or not being able to hear them at all. So say something ridiculous to get their attention.
4. Move towards a meetup where you can either have sex or see each other beyond your phones. There's little purpose to talking on the app.
>>
If you're not a girl it sucks. Seriously. The same girl that would probably suck your dick if you would just talk to her at the bar or on campus will likely never swipe right on you, simply because girls can pick and choose who they want on that app. And yes, this means they will almost always either fuck Chads or niche types.
>>
>>17315450
U mad bro?
>>
Wait, Tinder is an actual dating site, comparable to shit like OKcupid, Lavalife, and POF?

I could've sworn Tinder was an honest-to-god hookup site for casual sex only.
>>
>>17315568
In the 21st century, is there much of difference?
>>
File: download.png (2 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.png
2 KB, 225x225
Bumble...
Where the girl doesn't message you.
>>
>>17315580
Well, no, at least not in the context you're presenting.

But when I go on sites like POF or OKC, I see user testimonials with regards to the relationship aspect. Things like "Oh, he was so charming" or "We're getting married next month!"

I can't say I've actually been on Tinder, but it always gave me the impression that it was about blatant casual sex. No actual relationships, just hookups only.
>>
>>17315654
I wish

This is only the case if you're in the top 10% attractiveness, male or female. People pretend they're all about the hookup but when you get into the average ranges it's a lot of women getting cold turkey or playing the text equivalent of footsie - they don't actually /want/ to hook up, they just like the attention and knowing they /could/ if they /wanted/. Which means, you, as an average male, is stuck out in the lurch pretending interesting in a bunch of women who view you as a statistic

Bumble has better 'quality' but the end result is the same. The better quality means imo you get a lot more of those women who are just looking for validation. I've had plenty of good conversations with girls that i want to turn into a meet up and they just stop responding because they don't actually care, they just like the attention.
>>
>>17315667
>they just like the attention
Umm, why?

Wouldn't attention from Facebook or Twitter feel more validating? How do nice words from random guys on "dating" websites feel satisfying at all?

The general view of online dating is that it's pathetic. And that's for its actual purpose. Wouldn't fishing for compliments on a dating website be even worse?

>oh look, a guy just complimented me on a dating site! I'm telling all my friends!
said no woman ever.
>>
Tinder is for beta virgins that are too scared to talk to girls irl
>>
>>17315811
Then why do the super-alpha Chad types use it?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.