[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't I move past her when I don't even want to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 1460631936906.jpg (176 KB, 682x1024) Image search: [Google]
1460631936906.jpg
176 KB, 682x1024
I failed badly at getting over my last (and only) girlfriend, and lately I've been wondering why. She was a close friend for about a year or two, then we started flirting more and more, and then for a very brief time (~2 weeks) we started having sex, going on dates, and hanging out with each other all the time. To cut a long story short, I assumed we were exclusive but she was just killing time until she found someone she wanted to be serious with, and when she inevitably broke up with me it wasn't too friendly. I was angry with her because it felt like she'd been leading me on and encouraging me to get close to her. She was genuinely apologetic and wanted to stay friends, but I found that too difficult so after a while I said that I was glad I'd met her and wasn't angry with her now, but I'd prefer it if she didn't contact me any more.

3 years has passed, and I still haven't really got over her - but I don't want her back. It's pretty obvious we were never right for each other in the first place. There's nothing particularly special about her that I'm still hanging on to. But I still get upset if I come across a picture of her with her now boyfriend, or if I even see any mention of her. I still think about her a lot, and wish I had someone that close in my life again. I've not met any girl since that I felt any sort of connection to, so I've not done anything with anyone since. I don't know if that's just because I'm very picky, or because I'm still hung up on her. I think part of me is just angry with her for ruining my experience of 'first love' and leaving me so bitter, and it won't give up until I make her regret her decision no matter what.

I don't know what I'm asking for really - I guess just some perspectives and/or advice from anyone who's been in a similar situation, and how they got out of it.
>>
I want to know how to do this too.
>>
>>17313762
Holy guacamole three years is a long time. And you will never make her regret it ok. Just move on, man.
>>
not sure if this will help you, but here is my story:
ended 2 year relationship; it ended very dirty, found out she cheated on me with one of my "friends"; cut all the contacts to both of them, she would also run after me for a while (ignored her) but then after a while she stopped it and got with him together; this is where I got sick from all the hatred. all i would see is them together and imagining how they better off me etc. so basically being a faggot and get overemotional; at one point i couldnt sleep and eat because of all the hatred. this is where i talked to her (in my case she was always open about it) and told her i excuse her and all she done to me; after that we have no contact (she wanted to have contact and stay friends, while she is with him ... she is sort of stupid (and i know i am)). but i apologized her from the bottom of my heart. i let her go and i feel now better. you know, we always think that we are too good for someone and try to act "tough" and at the same time we feel hurt. this is what you need to get rid of, then you will get your peace. also, she was my first one, i totally understand how you feel. good luck sir.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.