[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need some career advice /b/ros So I just finished HS and I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1465591050767.jpg (51 KB, 414x584) Image search: [Google]
1465591050767.jpg
51 KB, 414x584
Need some career advice /b/ros

So I just finished HS and I'm going to a CC. I want to be a doctor eventually but from the stories I hear, people who go down this path generally don't have much of a social life in their 20s; which is supposedly where most of the fun is. So my question is do I continue pursuing my dream or do I choose a different career path? Or at least a similar one? I'm kind of losing my mind over this.
>>
Well, why do you want to be a physician? If it's just because you want to say, "I'm a physician", and everything that entails, you may not want to go to medical school.

There are other options, though. Assuming you live in the US or Canada, Physician Assistants (PAs) need their bachelor's degree, and then go to a 2-year PA school. It's pretty much like Physician-Lite.

http://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/physician-assistants.htm
>>
>>17313403

is being a doctor your dream, or your goal?

you should do what leads to happiness and fulfilment, but will being a doctor fulfill you or is it something you kinda picked up cuz you hear it pays well seems prestigious and theres a lot of TV shows about them?
>>
>>17313425
>>17313429
Becoming a physician is my dream. It has been the only career I could see myself in. My father was a doctor and my mother was a nurse which gave me exposure to some aspects of the field of medicine, enough to know that this is what I want to do. However, I do want to also live a fulfilling life, and I'm worried there's a chance this might not bring me happiness and I'll be stuck at this miserable job, slaving away like a zombie.
>>
>>17313449

no matter what you do in life you'll look back and have some regrets.

do what you think is best and try to balance out your life.
>>
>>17313449
You could always become a doctor later in life. Like me, I'm training to be a police officer now, and then an ENT later in life. Put in my hours, raise money and live the rough life now, so I'm less likely to have a embarrassing midlife crisis
>>
>>17313754
Also, raise money for med school. Shits expense man
>>
>>17313403
I don't really know much about the doctor path but can't you put that off for a while?
I regret going to college straight out of high school. i didn't take it seriously. i wish i worked or something before so i could appreciate education more. i just wasn't mature enough.
>>
>>17313403
You're going to community college, you'll never have to worry about being a doctor.
>>
>>17314387
fuck off
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.