[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This question is mostly to the male part of /adv/, and girls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 720x593) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 720x593
This question is mostly to the male part of /adv/, and girls really well versed in male psychology

I (girl) have been friends with a guy for some time now, and there's this thing he does that confuses me a lot. He has a tendency to brag to me about his successes. He doesn't do it obnoxiously but noticeably. When someone compliments him, he shares that with me. When his boss tells him he's good at his job, he shares it with me. And so on and on. I'm trying to determine whether he does that to make jealos, or proud or seeks valodation. I also don't know why he does it in this way, not only sharing the news but also buildling it up and making it a bigger deal. Does he see me like his mommy or what?
>>
>>17311889
Sounds like he wants Recognition from you, tell him how good he is etc... "oh anon your'e so good" Or he's just stuck up.
>>
>>17311894
This,
or he's trying to impress you because he's interested in you.
>>
>>17311894
>>17311899
>>17311889
Potentially all of those things together. He may be doing it without noticing (because hes interested) or he knows what hes doing and hes just looking for more pats on the back. Do you know if he does it to other people?
>>
>>17311894
>>17311899
Why a grown up ass man would want me to give him recognition and applaud his successes is what bothers me. If it's to impress me, asking out would be easier way to go about it.
>>
>>17311919
He might just say shit cause it makes him feel like a big man.. Its open to interpretation.
>>
>>17311911
I don't know of he does it to other people

>>17311925
Well its really weird, everytime he does something like this I feel like his auntie, having to pat his back and praise the good job
>>
>>17311930
Try

> getting excited and ask more about it
or
>brush it off

if you're close enough with him you will be able to tell whats up by his response
>>
File: 1426113353942.gif (2 MB, 245x187) Image search: [Google]
1426113353942.gif
2 MB, 245x187
sounds like a regular insecure person
>>
>>17311957
Or this
>>
Tell him that he's being a bragging douche and that he needs to stop this shit
>>
>>17311930
Next time he does it tell him how your last period went. What was different about it. What was weird, or if everything was normal.
And when he reacts poorly, ie "What the fuck?" say:
"Oh. Sorry, I thought you might care as much about my shit as you think I care about yours"
>>
>>17311919
This major red flags here. This reeks of insecurity. Ask him why you need to give him validation.
I'm a guy that shit is bizarre to me, but some guys think that attracts women
>>
>>17311963
I don't want to be mean or anything. He's my friend and I care about his successes, but it bothers me he never shares them with me in a more casual way but always tries to sneakily get me proud or dunno jealous or give him validation

>>17311964
If I asked him why he's like that he would get cross with me and stop talking for days
>>
>>17311889
Men don't get compliments daily, for you it seems minuscule, for him its huge and he just wants to share it with someone.
>>
>>17311992
if that's the case that ain't no guy, that's a bitch
>>
>>17312023
>Men don't get compliments daily

I do
>>
File: 000 1454889371488.jpg (84 KB, 313x286) Image search: [Google]
000 1454889371488.jpg
84 KB, 313x286
>>17312035
and here you are bragging to the internet anonymous forum, you insecure bastard.
>>
>>17312035
Maybe on your dick sucking.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.