[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Depression
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: 1441521868361.jpg (51 KB, 480x410) Image search: [Google]
1441521868361.jpg
51 KB, 480x410
Why should i not just end it /adv/?
>>
Permanent solution to a temporary problem

Giving up on everything when happiness is well within your reach
>>
I dunno but there's probably no reason
>>
>>17311776
No one can really place a zest for life within you, it's something you've got to decide to pursue. Just whatever you do, don't spend the rest of your life like this.
>>
>>17311785
>death is permanent

nice b8
>>
>>17311776
OP, you're gonna die no matter what. You are totally free to kill yourself if you want to, but you can also just live until you die. You can learn to appreciate life's ups and downs.
>>
>>17311785
>Permanent solution to a temporary problem
You cannot possibly know that.

>Giving up on everything when happiness is well within your reach
You cannot possibly know that either.

God i hate people like you. Stop giving false hope.

If you want to help there are many ways to do it that don't involve catch phrases.
>>
>>17311813
You wanted to know opinions on why you shouldn't end it, these are my opinions.

If you wanted a hugbox where people reaffirm your belief that life is meaningless boohoo might as well kill myself then you should have just asked for it. It's a simple enough distinction to make.

I hate people like you too.
>>
>>17311785
>Permanent solution to a temporary problem
This is the stupidest fucking saying I've ever heard.

Like do you morons even think about it before you regurgitate it? This isn't even about being pro or anti suicide it's just a retarded fucking saying. Why wouldn't you want to solve any problem permanently? If you're sick wouldn't you want to permanently cure yourself? And what the fuck does "temporary problem" even mean? You don't like forever, there's no such thing as a permanent problem, all problems are temporary. And why is something being a permanent solution a bad thing? Would you rather choose temporary solutions in any situation over a permanent one? Like "Oh I have cancer and I get a magical chance to cure it, but I can choose to either cure it forever, or only for a week. Yeah better only cure it for a week because you shouldn't use a permanent solution to a temporary problem LOL".

And getting away from the stupid language of the saying and into it's meaning, how do you know every persons life is guaranteed to get better? Sometimes a persons life is just guaranteed to get shittier and shittier with nothing they can do about it, and maybe they just don't wanna deal with it or wait and see if it gets better.

That all said I say go for it OP.
>>
>>17311785
>Using meme cookie cutter advice.

I hate your this type of fucking advice, but I appreciate the thought I guess.
>>
>>17311776
To live is to suffer OP, a certain number of people are bound to commit suicide. There is nothing wrong with this, your life is your own and you can do whatever you want with it. If you do choose to end it though, do it in a way that causes the least trauma for the people who love you.
>>
>>17311817
I'm not OP you idiot.
What you said has no meaning whatsoever, it's as useful as "just be yourself"
>>
>>17311819
The only people who get frustrated at cookie cutter advice are the ones who refuse to even attempt to follow it.

It's infuriating because everybody says it all the time and it's so simple that you don't refuse to believe that it could work and thus you refuse to attempt to follow it. So really you've just made this expectation in your mind that it wouldn't work for you without even trying it, and every time somebody else suggests it you get pissed off because a) you're convinced it won't work and b) subconciously you feel shitty that you've already written it off while being aware that you've never actually tried to follow it
>>
>>17311828
How the fuck do you apply "permanent solution to a temporary problem"?
You can apply "just be yourself", even thiugh it means fuck all but you can't apply the shit he said.
>>
>>17311828
Ah yes, your simple six worded sentence thats regurgitated time and time again is defiently going to help me. Worthless happy goody lovey advice passed around by dumb fucks. NO.
>>
>>17311836
Understanding that the bad feelings plaguing you aren't going to last forever.

Understanding that there are things you can do to improve your situation, even if they're hard.

Understanding that giving up is stupid if there's still the hope that you can succeed.

Internalizing that and not letting the seeming meaningless of existence get the better of you.
>>
>>17311845
>>17311836
>>17311823
>>17311819
>>17311818
>>17311813
All this buttmad in one thread.

>>17311828 pretty much summed it up succinctly.
>>
>>17311855
Shut the fuck up samefag.
>>
>>17311850
Everything you said is pure wishful thinking.
>>17311855
Because it's something that doesn't help who is asking for help. It just makes whoever said it feel good.
>>
vent OP nothing wrong with talking about your problems with somebody who legally cant tell anyone. If your friends abandoned you and its your only option do it. Talking from experience don't hurt yourself either
>>
>>17312853
>>17312853
>>17312853
>>17312853
>>17312853
when I say "do it" I mean seek someone to talk to not meaning an hero yourself
>>
>>17311850
>Understanding that the bad feelings plaguing you aren't going to last forever.
[citation needed]

Pretty sure that some types of depression last for a whole life.
>>
>>17311776
Because life is full of uncertainty and death is not. Death is absolute. You can trick your mind into believing that there is an afterlife and you're gonna live happily ever after but that's bullshit and you know it.

Life can change not just from good to worse but from bad to better.
Start doing small things every day which you consider a success. Like I don't know you but if you are overweight start to walk for half an hour every day. Then when you get used to it (not just the walking but the habit) then start jogging ect.

If you die you'll never know what you missed.
>>
>>17311776
If you post something like this, you will only get help from the people that went through it and lived on. So they will want you to do the same and live through it because for them life got better.
You won't be able to get advice from the other side of the spectrum because those people picked suicide so they can't tell you.
>*why* should I not just end it
you're going to have to figure it out yourself.
Nobody has a magic solution or 3 step process to make life better. You need to put in work so it gets better
>>
If you are genuinely miserable then there is no reason not to, unless you believe there is a solution. It's stupid to go on feeling bad all the time.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.