[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, it's generally considered a bad idea to tell someone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: question-smileyface.png (20 KB, 177x200) Image search: [Google]
question-smileyface.png
20 KB, 177x200
So, it's generally considered a bad idea to tell someone that you have feelings for them/are in love with them over text messaging or something like that, if you're not going to see them in person for several weeks, right?

What if you're worried that if you don't say anything now, they're going to find somebody else before you have a chance to see them in person and tell them?
>>
>>17311597
I did that once.

I do not recommend it as a good idea with positive outcome.
>>
Always tell then you're interested sooner rather than later. The longer you wait, the harder it gets to say, and the more likely they are to assume you don't have interest.
>>
>>17311597

yes it is. why cant you ask them to hangout and meet?

and if its because one of you is out of town for several weeks the question becomes, why didnt you tell them sooner instead of waiting til the last minute and going 'OOPS GOTTA TEXT'

i mean fuck you coudl at least call them anon
>>
>>17311618
I know them from college, but they live in a different town than me and I can't go to hang out with them over summer break because I don't have a license and can't drive yet.

And I'm not about to ask my parents to drive me to a meetup like that or ask them to drive over and fucking chauffeur me.
>>
>>17311626

so by several weeks oyu mean you wont see them for two months?

wait til school starts up again. you dont have to worry about her dating too much cuz whatever happens this summer will be a fling
>>
>>17311607
this 100% ive gone through the same thing recently with someone, but it wasn't a matter of distance. i reached out (called) wouldn't respond so i texted her letting her know hey I like you... lets go out... whatever. I do it like this: tell the person in person, call if you can't, and if calling doesn't work text them, don't say you are in love with them just say something like I like you, I'd really like to take you out sometime. You'll either get a yes, no, or friendzoned, either way you can move on, but waiting only prolongs an outcome and wastes your time.
>>
>>17311634
I thought about that, but I casually follow her Twitter and Tumblr and it looks like she's seriously looking for a boyfriend at the moment. Even when she was telling me about this guy she's sort of been seeing, she was talking about how she was nervous that he wouldn't see her as a "real girlfriend" and that she was uncertain about what their relationship was at the moment. It made me feel like she's trying to make this guy her bf and by default that means she doesn't think of me that way or doesn't think I'm interested in her?

>>17311607
>>17311637
Yeah, and in any other circumstances this would be my mindset, it's just the fact that I feel like I'm putting myself at such a disadvantage or losing so many "points" if I make my confession not in person and when I'm not even going to see her for two months.
>>
>>17311654

if you want to make a move, at least call, but if my assumption was true and you wont see her til september she will likely shoot you down regardless unless she has super duper love feelings for you, which i doubt
>>
>>17311654
In my case she wasn't really receptive to what i was saying/shy. I dont think of it as losing points if I try every other method first then im like fuck it. If a person feels the same way as long as it isn't a creepy come on, they will probably think nothing of it.
>>
>>17311661
>>17311674
Yeah, no, I think that it'll be best if I take these two months to calm down and stop obsessing over her. By the time I see her she'll either be dating someone or still available, and I'll deal with whatever situation there is when I get to that point. And if she's in a relationship, I'll start looking for other girls and possibly wait for her to get out of the relationship before making a move, that is if I still want her. I really like her, but I'm not going to act like a lovesick idiot and make the situation so difficult by acting hastily.

Thanks /adv/
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.