[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi can someone help me. I love my wife and children but I have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (176 KB, 632x1122) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
176 KB, 632x1122
Hi can someone help me.
I love my wife and children but I have a problem.
I really just want to be alone.
On an island or the woods, where it is quiet and no one bothers me and I can hunt and fish in peace. That's all I ever want to do.
I wear so many masks: nice stranger, comical coworker, loving husband/father, proud veteran, understanding friend..
I have pretended so long that now they are all part of my identity and somewhat real, and it's created a sense of self hatred at what I've become.

I just want to be alone. I recently bought a hunting mask and it makes me feel good to just wear it and pretend I have no name or purpose other than to find deer and fish and kill them.
This is my mask it makes me feel free to be nothing.
Help me explain to my wife and kids why it's important that dad gets to be alone away from people sometimes.
>>
>>17310330
Your first mistake was getting married. Your second mistake was having kids. You made the commitment. So deal with it.
>>
>>17310330
"You know son or daughter, your dad is working quite a bunch and he needs some time to play and have fun too. Ofcourse i am there for you ... Blah blah."

I can relate, i feel like i put myself in the position of a husband without realizing that this means to never be alone anymore. It will be difficult to break it to your wife, i think your best off by slowly just spending more and more time by yourself so she will get used to it.
Ultimately you will not get away so easily unless you sacrifice atleast something, with sometime your identity doubts will clear up though.
>>
post your true self here that's what internet is for anon it is true freedom say whatever you want or say whatever you want and try accepting others if that didn't work go to therapist nothing to be ashamed of life is hard sometimes
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.