[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been having ringing in my ear for the past 2-3 weeks,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 630.png (206 KB, 476x372) Image search: [Google]
630.png
206 KB, 476x372
I've been having ringing in my ear for the past 2-3 weeks, after putting a Q-Tip in my ear. The past couple of days, my ear has been getting stopped up, and I can hear something that sounds like rain.

What do I do?
>>
>>17306978

never use que tips. they just push wax in. greatest scam ever.

there are different things you can do. the best thing i ever did was i went to some hollistic store and bought this weird thing you place over your ear, and through a paper plate with a hole, and you light the tip on fire, and the smoke causes the wax to come out. its really cool.

slower solutions are ear wax softener, and benzoyl peroxide. but it can take a few days of doing this to get it clear. it sucks.

i had great results just going to a doctor they have a machine thingy that shoots water at just the right pressure to unclog ya.
>>
>>17306978
There are people who can use devices to see in your ear and diagnose the problem. They usually have years of schooling and training to tell you what the underlying issue is. Sorry though, I forgot what they are called.
>>
>>17306978
If you think ear wax is the problem, pick up some ear wax remover from your local pharmacy. It's no more than 10 dollars.

If you think you may have something more serious wrong with you, call a doctor.
>>
>>17306991
Those actually dont work and are famous for dripping hot was into childrens eardrums.
>>
I can hear just fine out of my left ear, which is the one with tinnitus.

A couple of days after I put a Q-tip in there, I had trouble hearing, but I could hear out of it after the swelling went down.

What do I do?
>>
>>17306991
>the best thing i ever did was i went to some hollistic store and bought this weird thing you place over your ear, and through a paper plate with a hole, and you light the tip on fire, and the smoke causes the wax to come out. its really cool.
You're retarded. And not in a harmless-funny sort of way, but rather in a danger-to-society way.
>>
>>17306991
Oh fuck off. You don't put the Qtip into your fucking ear like a dumb ass. You clean around the ear to get dust and what have you.

But yeah keep pouring hot wax into your brain. Seems to be working

>>17306994
ENTs (Ear Nose Throat doctor).
>>
>>17306978
I remember going to a few doctors complaining about this 15 years ago. Several told me it was nothing and they could see my ear drum. Finally I went to a Dr. who gave me a steroid drop and had me come back after a week. Once the week was up a nurse used a syringe to flush my ear out with warm water and hydrogen peroxide and, no exaggeration, a thimble's worth of wax came out of my ear. Basically, I have an issue in my ear canal where I have skin that grows into my ear wax (like a tree growing through a street sign). Every few years the symptoms return and I'll use a hairpin to scrape it out. It bleeds a little because no steroid drop, but it helps.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.