[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I interview people in the city viewing an artwork about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 200w.gif (927 KB, 200x111) Image search: [Google]
200w.gif
927 KB, 200x111
How can I interview people in the city viewing an artwork about the artwork without being rudely insulted and ignored? I'm taking a class on public art and I have to interview people visiting the piece. I learned the hard way not to start by saying I'm sorry to bother you because people are asshole if they don't know you.
>>
What's your actual problem?
>>
>>17304184
I want to know how to get answers to interview questions in a public setting from people who don't know you.
>>
This can go two ways:

Either you don't know how to talk to people, and you need to learn how to, or

you don't know much about art, and need to figure out what interesting questions to ask.

Or both.
>>
I know about art. I don't know how to ask the question without the person thinking I'm selling them something.>>17304198
>>
>>17304276
It's most likely a charisma thing.
Try and introduce your interview as clearly as possible.

>Wonderful day, sir! Have you had a look at the pulic art at display around here? I'm surveying people on their opinions, and hoping to get some insightful thoughts on the installations by this perticular artist.

Btw, what public art piece? Just because I'm interested. Can you give us a link?
>>
>>17304301
Its Just Alice in Wonderland in Central Park NYC. Nothing controversial like Tilted Arc, the 9/11 memorial or made in heaven. Whenever I visit there are always kids crawling all over it with their parents photographing them nearby. It's just a little nerve wracking when strangers insult you and disappear when you you try to be polite to them.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.