[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Move out of my moms basement
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1425584126672.gif (499 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1425584126672.gif
499 KB, 500x281
How does a NEET like me with only a part time job move out of my parents basement? I never went to college and I'm working in a part time retail store. I mother is a very codependent toxic person, she makes me pay 300$ in rent (only make $600 and I also pay my car insurence) and it makes me do back breaking work around the house. I'm pretty much her servant. I tried applying to a shitty community college but she immediately started to attack my intelligence, claiming in her own words "you can't handle college, it'll stress you out too much and then I'll have to bail you out" Those words made me back out of the entire idea. 1 year later I am in the same spot as I was in. Living with her is depressing and I think about offing myself all the time. I'm in this vicious cycle of depression and misery. I fantasise about just bailing out and living on the streets but the internet is the only thing that's keeping me sane.

Please, I'm begging you guys, how do I get out of this situation?
>>
>internet is the only thing that keeps you sane

Conjecture: The internet is actually perpetuating your depression and honesty, lazyness.
>>
Nothing your mother does sounds toxic. Every adult pays rent, even when living with parents. And 300 is pretty cheap so she can ask for more servitude help too.

You just sound really fucking ungrateful. Why are you making an enemy of your own mother?

My advice is to focus on studies. School is literally the path to a better life. You know this.

Nobody fucking cares if you kill yourself. Nobody. Not a single soul. If you are going to do it then bloody well do it and stop pestering the rest of us like the child you are.
>>
>>17304147
God, you are just a delight
>>
>>17304147
>school is literally the path to a better life
>stop pestering the rest of us
>/adv/

Someone is contemplating suicide. lol
>>
>>17304147
You're a shitty person
You shouldn't be giving advice being this shitty m8
You must have had a terrible day or must be living a more depressing life than op and just projecting your insecurities.
>>
Get a second part time job, or take some part time courses. Stay busy. Your mom probably sticks it to you with chores because you're not doing much anyway.
And what household chores are backbreaking? You're not paying much rent so you ought to be contributing to the home's upkeep.
I'll bet if you got another job or took courses and showed your mom that you're really trying that your mom would lighten up.
>>
>>17304147
What a fucking idiot. You should be the one killing yourself dude instead of contaminating us with your toxic advice.
>>
How old are you OP?
>>
Not OP, bumping because Im on a similar situation, hope you dont mind.

>>17304147
I don't think your advice is that bad, personally I think I NEED to be told these kind of stuff like it is, harshly. Any constructive criticism has good intentions behind it.

>>17305327
>>
>>17304125
>How does a NEET like me with only a part time job move out of my parents basement?
A second job and roommates. Or some kind of full-time job, if you can find one (probably still including roommates). Or ignore your mother's bullshit and do community college anyway (which will make the full-time job easier).

Unfortunately, the part other anons said about $300/month rent being pretty cheap is true. This is what makes the second job imperative: you flat-out need more money. Roommates cut down on this, but they can only do so much.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.