[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else struggle to feel emotionally connected to other people?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 6
File: Snapchat--1044702508775834422.jpg (339 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat--1044702508775834422.jpg
339 KB, 1080x1920
Anyone else struggle to feel emotionally connected to other people?

When im asked if ill miss anyone when i go to college, i cant think of anyone specific. The only "person" i can truly say is my cat. Pic Related.

Will I just meet someone i care about eventually? Is anyone else going through this?
>>
I care about my wife, son and pet, but I dont care about anyone else. I dont consider myself a sociopath. I wont hurt nobody. I just dont care about people in general.
>>
File: Snapchat-2764853782974258283.jpg (473 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-2764853782974258283.jpg
473 KB, 1080x1920
>>17302051
You're probably more antisocial than anything. Is your wife the same?
>>
>>17302038
I have a red tabby/tuxedo sleeping on my lap right now.

You cannot miss people until you are gone from them. You do likely do not have a baseline from which you know what missing people is like. You love your cat and you openly share affection with the cat, which you know at college you will be away from that.

Also, you will find very few people in life that you will not ever want to be away from. Pets are never in that category. Hope this helps.
>>
>>17302057
seems to be exactly opposite. Buy doesnt know about this!
>>
File: whatdo.jpg (121 KB, 850x532) Image search: [Google]
whatdo.jpg
121 KB, 850x532
>>17302038
Yes.

I thought I was just being an edgy teen at first. But now I've graduated college and all. I came to realize i've been this way my whole life. I've just never truly connected with people. Yeah I have had friends and such. Lots of family because hispanic. But those freakin security questions 'who was your childhood best friend' or 'who is your best friend'. Don't have one. I don't have a person I tell everything to. No one I text daily. I'm borderline "i prefer being alone" to "ive been alone my whole life ive gotten use to it". If I were in the scenario that I was moving, I worry about my brother, and my dog would have to come with me. That's it.

Rough family history that I'm not about to ramble about. But I hate my sister, and only kind of greet my mom or help her with grocerys. Like we never talk for real. As far as friends, we text less and less since graduation. No I don't wish death upon them, but if one died i'd be like 'well that sucks'. Doesn't help that I deleted my facebook recently. I just never posted, or wrote on ppls walls HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Weird thing is I find myself extremely polite to people in public. Waiters. Cashiers. Old people on the bus, give up my seat.

It's just not in me to ask "so how are you doing, how is your mother" kind of stuff. My usual talk is about sports and music and tv. As far as relationships go, I've never had a girlfriend. I just never put myself out there. I've had kissed and fucked random sloots from bars and such. But never pursued anyone enough. Like if they dont text me, im just like fuck it im not playing games. I dream that one day I'll find a special girl who will crack me out of my shell. But maybe that's just in the movies. And maybe I'll die alone.
>>
File: 20160422_102505.jpg (650 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160422_102505.jpg
650 KB, 2048x1152
>>17302111
The fact that you desire that special girl is something you can put your hopes into.
>>
File: 20150813_081932.jpg (714 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20150813_081932.jpg
714 KB, 2048x1152
>>17302088
Thats true. I guess. Ive never experienced the death of a loved one. The only death i have experienced was the death of my past cat.
>>
File: ron_people.jpg (74 KB, 500x561) Image search: [Google]
ron_people.jpg
74 KB, 500x561
>>17302038
Yes.
Gone to a shrink, turns out I'm schizoid. Textbook case.

>>17302111
>I'm borderline "i prefer being alone" to "ive been alone my whole life ive gotten use to it"
>Weird thing is I find myself extremely polite to people in public.
>It's just not in me to ask "so how are you doing, how is your mother" kind of stuff.
>But never pursued anyone enough. Like if they dont text me, im just like fuck it im not playing games.
>I dream that one day I'll find a special girl who will crack me out of my shell.
>But maybe that's just in the movies. And maybe I'll die alone.
Same here, anon.

>>17302172
Not really. The vast majority of girls don't want anything to do with guys like us, we're the opposite of their dream guy.
Girls want to be loved fiercely, chased, validated.
They want a guy who'll crawl on his hands and knees.
Not a cold, hard robot.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.