[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My boyfriend's roommate is really nice. His girlfriend is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5
File: Screenshot_20160627-154705.png (1 MB, 1440x1644) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160627-154705.png
1 MB, 1440x1644
My boyfriend's roommate is really nice. His girlfriend is really cold to me, and I'm not sure why.

Today, I went running. I walked into the kitchen to get water and they were both in there. I said hello. After going in to my boyfriend's room, I got a message from his girlfriend saying she is uncomfortable with how I was just dressed around her boyfriend.

She is very overweight, and so is he. I was in shorts and a sports bra. I'm in decent shape and I do have really big boobs. But... I was in workout clothes and drenched in sweat.

I'm genuinely not sure how to address this. Is this a reasonable request? What's the best route to take? Normally, I wouldn't worry about it but since I am around them often, I'm trying to be sensitive.
>>
>I'm in decent shape and I do have really big boobs.

oh my.
>>
>>17299852
Just the only reason I can see why she'd maybe be uncomfortable with me in a sports bra.
>>
>>17299843
She's jealous and feels threatened you're in better shape and probably better looking than her. There's not much you can say, she'll probably always be insecure around you.
>>
You make it sound like she's jealous because she's fat, but what if she's just religious or a prude and it genuinely makes her uncomfortable?
And why not wear a loose shirt over your sports bra?
>>
Girl, she is concerned that her boyfriend finds you more attractive than her, which is probably the issue. But it's not your fault at all and don't make this thing sound like a problem. Tell her you dress how the fuck you want and that she doesn't have the right to tell you how to dress. Because she really doesn't have it. Just be yourself and don't let others make you feel bad for looking good!
>>
>>17299857
So would you even reply? I don't want to be a bitch, but working out in a shirt in Georgia's heat is not an option.
>>
Tell her you're uncomfortable with the idea of being as fat as her which is why you were running
>>
>>17299862
are we talking atlanta heat or columbus heat?
>>
>>17299859
I don't walk around in a bra. It is over 100 degrees here. So I would be miserable in a shirt until after getting in the shower.

I'm not sure what her issue is, but she isn't a prude or anything. She doesn't dress conservatively. But I thought about that, but in her message she said it was about being around her boyfriend, not her. And she walks around in a towel sometimes.
>>
She's just fat and envious of a healthy body.

For maximum keks start helping her boyfriend get into shape
>>
>>17299852
She's still a tub of lard, she also has a belly, m8.
>>
>>17299873
More south.
>>
>>17299863
This
>>
>>17299874
I never said you walk around in a bra. And you asked for opinions on what you should do, and I gave you my opinion. Don't run in a shirt if you don't want to, but put one on when you get inside.
>>
Tell her get the fuck outa here. Fuck her feeling move on
>>
>>17299843
her insecurities have no bearing on your doing absolutely nothing wrong. i think in this case you've no obligation to appease her.
>>
>>17299902
I just hate putting a shirt on over sweat just to walk to the shower.

I could I guess. Would you reply to her at all?
>>
post pics
and you'd be rude if you were doing it on purpose but if thats the way you normally dress then you got no worries.
My girlfriend has her friends over at our place and they will bring their bfs over. I'm a reasonably fit guy and I think I look relatively big (for you) (like normal person jacked, not juisy) and I can say I look good in a tank. I make a point not to try and show off the fact that i'm in better shape than those guys but I dress how I dress.
People will always try to cut down people that they are jealous of
>>
File: images10.jpg (7 KB, 283x178) Image search: [Google]
images10.jpg
7 KB, 283x178
>>17299886
>she also has a belly
>>
>>17299919
dont put one on, if she is overweight I bet that she has big fatty boobs. Does her cleavage ever make an appearance? If so she is being hypocritical. As long as you are doing whatever you just out of being you and not to make her feel bad you shouldn't change.
It also sounds like its your bfs house not hers so fuck it
>>
>>17299919
No, don't reply. If she's that insecure about you being around her boyfriend for a few seconds in the kitchen, she won't see logic here. She'll probably insist you're trying to break them up and blah blah lies lies overthinking nonsense. Keep doing you, don't worry what lardo thinks.

And post pics of these big boobs pls.
>>
File: 1466210769911.jpg (1003 KB, 1134x935) Image search: [Google]
1466210769911.jpg
1003 KB, 1134x935
>>17299843

WHERE DA LON LONS AT
>>
I just jumped to this thread for the boobs.

OP?

Come on. Don't even have to be naked.
>>
File: images.jpg (3 KB, 129x97) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3 KB, 129x97
>>17300046
He's right you know
>>
Tell her it was literally only for the duration between getting home from a run, and taking a shower to cool off.

Explain that putting on a shirt while sweaty is gross. Like how gross she looks being a fatty
>>
>>17299843
Does she officially live there? Do you? If she does and you don't you'd have to respect the hosts wishes but I'm getting the feeling you guys both don't officially live there so you can just not give a fuck about what she has to say.
>>
>>17300086
Neither of us do. Just there a bunch, both of us.
>>
The easiest thing to do would be to either throw on a shirt (have a stand by shirt maybe) or have water ready - there's no real reason to even address her unless she brings it up again.

But I mean - it is an irrational request from her based on insecurities, but it's not a huge effort to throw on a shirt either, so I don't know if you are just trying to avoid the drama all together or are in fear of being a push over.
>>
File: death of imag.gif (1 MB, 295x177) Image search: [Google]
death of imag.gif
1 MB, 295x177
(1/2)
>>>>>but ego did die, like, 1971 or aroudn then.. everyone was seeing everything, every1 watching everyone, an inside man, inside in their own inside, watching themselves, all spying, making-up secrets to be suspicious about. you invent them thru suspicioun— and so then, in true fashion of ego torture, the image of the one person and the other, the two cant sustain their terror and sameness, and so therebabotus comes the nature of that new insanity where everyone thinks the government is spying inside of their brains. the snake after its tail, snapping pictures, dropping acid, every1 was looking at eachother really on the same plane but inventing secrets, and all that people watching people, trying to route itself out with some force of gaze, well (before it all broke and fractured and slipped apart, to b true in pockets) now thats all a million times so. everybodys watching everybody everyones spying and revealing and nothing is interesting (as theyll find out) and so the major image of its all, the thing worth looking-at, spying-on, (FBI surveillance on their family members in the bathroom, /creep/,), has to eventually come-out as, suddenly and indiscriminately, revealed to be a mirror of the whole world, useless, and then slip back into itself, the reflection rejoins the original in a way u quickly forget because it was so fundamental. then we all be in a place where thers no secrets anymore, and nothing worth spying, becaus we were creating secrets by looking for them, and nothing’ll be really worth sharing because everythings so apparent and plain; and without duplicate images, (mirrors), to create inconsistencies, allow for ego-slip-in, formulation of the cancer-sac self, a hundred, a family, a nation, w/o those dark initiative spaces created where the
>>
>>17300094
I wouldn't give a fuck or change my behavior then.
>>
>>17299843
Tell her that she is envious of your body and you'll fight her for 100 dollars. If you win, she can keep her boyfriend.

You just got 100 dollars and no smelly overweight boyfriend.
>>
>>17299843
Taylor ?
>>
Does she live there?
If no, then she can fuck off.
>>
>>17300157
Who are you?
>>
>>17300284
Hey Taylor, you got backtraced through the hidden data in your picture
>>
>>17300284
>>17300157
No way.
>>
>>17300297
Is this gunna get juicy
>>
>>17300297
You're correct, no way. You can find OP's pic by doing a google search for "cute workout clothes".
>>
>>17299843
don't bother replying, no matter what you say it'll just fuel the fire in her fucked up little mind.
>>
OP, not replying is an OK solution, but she might start to pester her BF to do an flat intervention or some shit.

Insulting her is obviously out of question unless you want to watch the world burn with your BF.

best thing I could think of would be a sneakier way of saying: "you are not treating me with respect, no greeting etc. why should I do something for you, when you treat me so poorly?"

>>17300019
thing is, this doesnt really work with women.

I have super jacked friends and always bring my GFs but none of thems is really interested in any of them.
>>
>>17300682
No response is best imho. The roommates gf is out of line here, she doesn't live there so she can't dictate house rules. If there is a flat intervention or meeting, great, since OP did nothing wrong it would just make the fat girl look bad. Accommodating someone just because their uncomfortable is enabling, the real world isn't fucking tumblr.
>>
>>17299843
Your friend is jealous and insecure. She understands that you are significantly more attractive than her, and feels threatened by your proximity to her mate.

Neither of you are at fault here. But her insecurity will continue to stress her while you're around.

Maybe you could get her and her boyfriend to exercise together? It's a bonding activity, it will make them more attractive for each other and in turn more confident in themselves. What if you were to give a hint to her boyfriend about how nice and fun it is to exercise together?
On a side note, I don't think it would be wrong to ask your boyfriend what he thinks about this.
>>
>>17299860
This.
>>
Fuck her boyfriend, take pics, and send them to her. She is mad because she is a hamplanet human/manatee hybrid while you are a normal attractive female. Her boyfriend probably faps to you.
>>
Offer to take her running with you sometime.
>>
upd8 or no?
>>
>>17299863
this
>>
>>17299843
Any way you can just ignore it?
>>
>>17299843
>I do have really nice boobs

were gunna need proof to give proper advice
>>
>>17301772
ugh stop raping her
>>
>>17301772

>>>/b/
>>
>>17301802
boys will be boys
>>
>>17299843
Fat girls are often like that with skinny girls.

My girlfriend gets it all the time.

I would just ignore it.
>>
>>17299857
Pretty much this. I'm surprised she had the audacity to vocalize it though.

I would say to just say "sorry, didn't know you were all home." And while apologizing for someone else's feelings is stupid. I think the goal here, is to just keep the beast at bay because she's going to take all those inner demons out on you if she feels defensive. She's insecure, she feels like you're a threat to her relationship. I'd shoot for saying and showing that you are not a threat in any way.
>>
>>17301802
found the fag
>>
>>17300781
I wouldn't have OP initiate them working out though. The girl already knows she's big and insecure. For OP to suggest working out, that's practically shots fired.
>>
OP she is fat so you have to do what she is telling you, otherwise it will be listed as fat shaming.
Which, as you know, in America, god bless, is punishable by death.
>>
>>17299863
Kek
>>
I am going to cut to the chase.

If you are attractive and especially if you have large breasts, than clothing you wear may be very sexually appealing.

To men, yoga pants/shorts and sports bras are INCREDIBLY sexually arousing because they enhance or accentuate the physical features of the female body that men find sexually attractive. These include but are not limited to: breasts, ass, hips.

It sounds like you genuinely did not mean to be flirtatious or distracting, but the reality is that we as men have both a biologically and culturally drive attraction towards the female body parts and how they are presented.

It is not unreasonable for the roommates girlfriend to be concerned because men will take sexual notice of you. You could continue doing what you're doing act like nothing is happening, but being aware of how men tend to think in our culture is not a bad thing.

It reminds of when a person had a friend who was a vegetarian. There would be nothing wrong with eating meat to that person, but that person may forego eating meat while in the presence of a vegetarian friend out of consideration. It was not an admission of guilt for that person.
>>
>>17300284
haha is that really you ? i supposed it was you because of the "more south" answer and the big boobs.
i thought you were only lifting, thought, and not running.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.