[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Girlfriend that ive been dating for about 7 months now just broke
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Rain.gif (421 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
Rain.gif
421 KB, 700x525
Girlfriend that ive been dating for about 7 months now just broke up with me this weekend. She said that she did this out of religious issues, I'm and atheist and she is a Christian. She was going away this summer to be a counselor or something at a Christian camp. We had just finished writing our last finale and I had a couple hours before work, so we decided to go for a walk as she would be gone by the time I get off work. We got to a park in town so we could walk around and she told me that she was breaking up with me. I asked her why and she answered because I am and atheist and that should couldn't teach kids to hate atheists and date one at the same time. She also told me that she was planning to break up with me for some time now over this issue. She told me that her family cheered when she said she was going to break up with me. I'm in complete ruin right now. Any advice.?
>>
post a picture of the park.
>>
I don't have any pictures of the park
>>
The relationship's over. That's the end of it. I don't know what you want advice on
>>
File: Screenshot_20160627-000557.png (1 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160627-000557.png
1 MB, 1080x1920
Here is the best screenshot I could get from Google maps. The park isn't just ball diamonds. Goes down farther in the back around ponds
>>
>>17298064
Jesus Christ, American parks are boring.
>>
Canada. But yeah they kind of suck. Not much to do but look at birds or the beavers in the ponds
>>
>>17298041
The fact that she's going to be teaching "kids to hate atheists" is fucking shameful.

This isn't so much about a difference in beliefs as it is about being a shitty person.

Move on dude. Tell her you hope she finds her way and look for someone better.
>>
Thanks. I will try
>>
Honestly? If she couldn't deal with the fact that you don't believe in her religion, it was never going to work. You could have lied to her by going to church, but that wouldn't have been healthy either.

Relationships between atheists and christians, can work, but you have to agree not to try and convert or control each other. For instance, if you ate meat and your girlfriend didn't, if you agreed not to try and force her to, and she agreed not to try and re-educate you out of it, it'd be fine.

If she was a reasonable person, going to church would have been "her" time, equivalent to you doing whatever you do alone.

She wants to teach her to children to be bigots. She's a cunt. Find someone who's not insane.
>>
>>17298064
I live near there it's in Durham right? I am supprised someone so religious in Ontario it's usually the worst in the east coast.
>>
She tried to force me into going to church a couple times but I have told her I'd rather not do that. I have told her that I don't judge people by their religion and she told me the same thing. But I guess that wasn't quite true.
>>
Not in Ontario. I'm in Alberta
>>
>>17298156
>Relationships between atheists and christians, can work
Of course. But relationships involving unreasonable and intolerant people will never work. I'd say in a relationship you should be able to put your beliefs aside if you like and respect the other person enough. In this instance, she wasn't able to do that. Apparently her beliefs are such a deep part of her identity (or the identity she wishes for) that she can't associate with someone who doesn't share them. So she's shallow.

Be glad you escaped OP. Live your life guilt free.
>>
It could have gotten worse. A part of me is sadly kind of glad I'm not in the relationship anymore.
>>
>>17298170
Ohhhh. That is why you have all that batshit neo-cons
>>
>>17298181
Yeah. Alberta can be a rough place at times.
>>
>>17298041
>and that should couldn't teach kids to hate atheists and date one at the same time
dodged a bullet there anon.
she sounds like a real cunt.
>>
>>17298156
>>17298172
You guys are both right
Relationships aren't necessarily about mutual beliefs they're more about respect

I'm a Christian in a relationship with an atheist and its simply never been an issue, if it's an issue for you guys you aren't a good fit

In terms of advice, you just went through a break up so:
- cry
- nap
- hang out with some friends
- drink or smoke some weed or whatever
- indulge in serious "me time" eg video games and junk food

After a couple weeks, ween yourself off your self indulgence and shed your cocoon. You are a healed man, ready to move on.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.