[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tl;dr, should people who live alternative lifestyles keep that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1459650887980.gif (584 KB, 216x300) Image search: [Google]
1459650887980.gif
584 KB, 216x300
tl;dr, should people who live alternative lifestyles keep that stuff to themselves?

At work, during casual conversation, people talk about their wves/husbands, kids, girl/boyfriends. It's all very casual and natural. I live a less "normal" life-style (2m2f poly group), and have so far just kept quiet about it. Most people around work don't know anything about my family life, because I don't talk about it. Some think I'm single, and I don't correct them.

I keep people at a distance at work because I'm worried about how it'll reflect on me professionally to not be very normal. I've been over to other people's homes, but never invited anyone to mine. Am I worried about nothing, or is this something I should make a point of keeping totally to myself?
>>
>>17296660
Keep it from conservatives, you can tell liberals. Liberals are less likely to care,but not all liberals are the same.
>>
It's better for everyone involved, especially for you, if you keep your degeneracy to yourself.
>>
>>17296660
I'm guessing you work in a professional environment and not the westboro baptist church.

The vast majority of people, regardless if they accept the label "liberal" or "conservative" will not give a shit about what you do in your private life and will leave you alone about it. You may get some light teasing from some people that just don't give a fuck about social norms (more power to them imo) but otherwise nothing.
>>
>>17296660

>tl;dr, should people who live alternative lifestyles keep that stuff to themselves?

>I live a less "normal" life-style (2m2f poly group)

Being mentally deficient and incapable of true intimacy is not an alternative lifestyle. Its actually quite common to be emotionally damaged weirdo.

I'm sure you could talk about that at work and many people could relate to you.
>>
Well, for better or worse, I suppose I have my answer: Keep things to myself, because for every
>>17296668
>>17296685
there's a
>>17296672
>>17296687
>>
>>17296660
Tell only people that you trust and then only if its necessary. Theres no percentage in outing yourself as something strange if things are going fine and there are a dozen ways it could blow up in your face.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.