[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get over her, /adv/? I broke up with her over a year
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: 1413006632047.png (79 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
1413006632047.png
79 KB, 255x255
How do I get over her, /adv/?
I broke up with her over a year and a half ago, I visited her two months ago and she's become a different person that I don't even like anymore.
So why is it that I can't do normal, daily things anymore without feeling sad and lonely and missing doing it with her?
We were together for over 3 years and we still chat occasionally. I've wanted to remove her (along with everyone I know, almost to the point of isolation with only one or two people left) but I can't make myself do it. I haven't found the perfect excuse yet.
I don't know if I still love something about her because if I do I can't seem to find it in the person she's become.
Everything I do and everything I see reminds me of her. I can't even get groceries without thinking about what foods she liked or likes now.
>>
This talks about how to breakup but I think the core argument still aplies: don't insist on being liked by someone you no longer like. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPXIzJcfAMk

You have to understand that she is not unique, not "the one". The concept of One True Love is false and you have to let her go. The person you liked already doesn't exit. Stop talking to her altogether, you dont need an excuse, it for your wellbeing.

You are mourning the loss of the person she was before and obssesing over "what went wrong with her". What you need is to mourn it in a liberating way, like people do on funerals. Cry. Get drunk. Break a few dishes. Overeat. Maybe it will help if you made a mock funeral in your home alone or write a letter to her past self? whatever you need. You will get bored of doing it once you unleash it all. Geting it out will help you to stop thinking in circles about this. Then get bussy, do new activities, focus on yourself. If you do what you love you will get surrounded by friends more akin to the person you are now. You will be able to find a new love eventually, if that's what you want at the moment.

Good luck
>>
>>17296111
She's certainly unique in the sense that she's the only girl I've met in now over 23 years that liked me back. Not even my own mother has managed that yet.

These days though it feels like she avoids me, but when confronted she'll just blame it on being too depressed to even get online to chat with anybody, that she's distant with even her own family, etc.

Thanks though, I'll look at the video.
>>
File: 1368523356222.gif (596 KB, 299x299) Image search: [Google]
1368523356222.gif
596 KB, 299x299
>>17296073
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.