[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lets talk jobs. Particularly schooling to get into jobs. tf
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 1461983569731.jpg (6 KB, 245x205) Image search: [Google]
1461983569731.jpg
6 KB, 245x205
Lets talk jobs. Particularly schooling to get into jobs.

tfw I decide I want to be a dentist. So I start looking into it.

>$34,000 a year.
It's okay. School loans exist
>Need to take 300$ Test
Oh it's okay I can save.
>3.7 average GPA
What the fuck? I'm not even in school. Let alone the fact I flunked out of highschool and dropped artschool half way through.
>Need all these reference letters.
Got this covered at the place I'm working luckily. My bosses like me.

Not to mention the site is absolutely fucking obtuse. (I mean look at it : https://www.dentistry.utoronto.ca/admissions ) If you can find a single link of useful information about how you actually apply. I'll swallow a nickel. Now I have to contact the admissions office and talk to them about how I basically want to start from scratch but risk looking like a retard because the sites so bad.
>>
Here you go, though I wouldn't bother applying, since you're far too stupid.
http://www.sgs.utoronto.ca/prospectivestudents/Pages/How-to-Apply.aspx
>>
>>17294426
>>17294435
Also, you do realise it's a post-grad degree, right? You can't just go straight into it if you don't have a related Bachelors
>>
>>17294426
>dropped out of high school

you will never, ever be a medical professional. especially not if a GPA scares you.

being a dentist is 8 years of school btw.
>>
>>17294440
That my problem. I've been to fucking college. I have no idea how any of this shit works.

College is very easy. It's for retards like me, you pick a course and they give you classes and you graduate with the occasional GENED course.

>>17294446
t-thanks.
>>
>>17294451
>been to college
>can't even find a How To Apply page on a university's website
Pick one.
>>
>>17294453
Going to college isn't exactly hard. Especially not art school.
>>
>>17294451
You've been to college, but you dropped out. Even if you had finished your degree, you still couldn't apply for this program, because an arts degree isn't relevant to dentistry.
>>
>>17294455
>Going to college isn't exactly hard.

yeah, they made it into high school 2 for people like you. good thing there are still hard sciences for people like me.
>>
>>17294463
Are you here to flaunt or help?
>>
>>17294472
You can't be a dentist. You can, however, be a registered nurse. go to a local tech school.
>>
>>17294477
>You can't be a dentist.
Fuck you. I can try.
>>
>>17294480
Not that anon, but you're going to have to get a degree in something like biology first, THEN apply to this program
>>
>>17294480
No, anon, you can't be a dentist becuase you don't just decide to be a dentist. The people who become dentists are people who plan and graduate on time.

You will never, ever be accepted into a medical school having dropped out of high school. They don't want you. They have a pool to choose from in which 100% of the rest of the pool did not fucking drop out of high school.

Sounds like some bipolar disorder shit going on. Manic episode and he suddenly thinks he's gonna be a dentist in a year or something.
>>
>>17294446
I'm getting my associates then getting my diploma. Pretty simple m80
>>
>>17294480
You do realize that you can go back to your highschool after you get an associates degree for your diploma, right?
http://blog.uncollege.org/how-to-drop-out-of-high-school
>>
>>17294492
>Manic episode and he suddenly thinks he's gonna be a dentist in a year or something.
Wew lad, you really are reading into this a lot. I bet you have an entire story written up in your mind about my situation. Basically, I decided I wanted something better in my life. I'm not retarded, I know it's a long eight years.

>>17294510
Unfortunately, I'm Canadian. So none of this applies to me. As far as I'm aware.
>>
>>17294492

>I couldnt do I so other anons cant either

Hey, just because you set the bar low doesnt mean others should.
>>
>>17294521
Oh that sucks. Business probably isn't too hard to get into up there. After all didn't you guys have a mayor that was smoking crack.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.