[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you distract yourself from physical pain when painkillers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (522 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
522 KB, 1920x1080
How do you distract yourself from physical pain when painkillers aren't helping?
>>
My ear has been aching like a motherfucker for several hours now. I took a few painkillers, going to get medication on monday because it's a national holiday right now and all the stores are closed (fucking folk hippie shit drowning over the summer solistice) and I just have to hold out until then.

The pain isn't the worst one I've ever experienced but it's inside my fucking cranium and there's no relief from it today. A part of me wants to throw up in hopes of relief but I know it's not happening.
>>
I have found that leaning forward or turning my head upside-down increases the pain and having my ear canal full of water mildly reduces it, but other than that, there is nothing, and the pain intensifies.
>>
>>17291885
>>17291929
>>17291979
>>17291979
>I have found that leaning forward or turning my head upside-down increases the pain
Well, probably stop doing that then. What kind of painkillers do you have?
>>
>>17291929
>pain killers for an earache

Enjoy your crippling dependence on drugs and ruining your life because of addiction.
>>
>>17291998
>Well, probably stop doing that then.
Keeping my head in an upright position is how I spend most of my days so I can confidently say that I already have.

Ibuprofen, 800 milligrams. I don't usually use painkillers at all.
>>
>>17292003
yeah man, you gotta watch that shit. my cousin ended up as a painkiller junkie, he is now living on the streets and has resorted to shoplifting store brand tylenol and baby aspirin from walgreens. peddling his bunghole for one of those sweet 500-capsule bottles, eating them like tic tacs. not a pretty sight.

OP just take the ibuprofen, it might actually help since it's an anti-inflammatory. also moist heat helps relieve earaches. hold a warm wet washcloth to your ear or lie on your side or put some warm water or olive oil in your ear canal.

or just google "how to reduce earache pain"
>>
>>17292145
I went to a sauna and I'm great now. Probably the ibuprofen kicking in, but there's a saying in my country about how an illness that can't be cured with tar, vodka and sauna,
>>
>>17292207
Didn't mean to press "send"

Anyway, an illness that doesn't get better with ar, vodka and sauna will definitely be your death.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.