[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My qt step-sister just had to have her doggo put down. What are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: america.gif (2 MB, 380x208) Image search: [Google]
america.gif
2 MB, 380x208
My qt step-sister just had to have her doggo put down. What are some comforting things I can do/tell her?

My pupper died last year when some rando ran over him, and I just wanted to be left alone. But she's different.
>>
Tell her that her dog lived a fucking fantastic life, and that she did a fucking fantastic job being her owner.

Don't expect this to help calm her, though. My dog is literally my best friend, and I am constantly feeling guilt that I have to put him on a leash, and only walk him an hour every day and not feed him more than his daily allowance of dog food even though it's built into his instinct to devour every morsel of food he sniffs.

My dog is my best friend because he isn't a human.

Perhaps your sister is feeling the same.
>>
>>17290258
Well, already did that.

She's having him put down tomorrow. I was thinking of texting her something nice the day after, to make her feel better.
>>
Silently acknowledge what is going on, silently acknowledge how she feels, and be present for her. Don't try to distract her by asking if she wants to A or go to B.
>>
>>17290260
Say something like dogs live better lives than humans have, as she has no right to feel bad about feeling shame of her slavery of her dog because she is probrably going to live an unhappier life than her dog lived.

I dunno dude I'm drunk and I can't picture a way to make her happy. It's not really possible in a situation like this. She kinda has to feel sad about losing her doggo, it's the unspoken contract that dog owners live with.
>>
File: dajooz.jpg (72 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
dajooz.jpg
72 KB, 600x700
Send her a funny meme to cheer her up.
>>
>>17290286
Pic unrelated?
>>
Send her chicken fingers.
>>
put it in her pooper
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.