[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are bad people born or made?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: image.png (693 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.png
693 KB, 1136x640
My mind is poisoned. I suffer from like these bursts of negative, narcissistic abd pessimistic thoughts. I feel as if the world takes good people, hollows them out with suffering and then the husk just becomes this vehicle for destruction abd suffering.

To give some insight, I had to block the phone number of a girl who friend zoned me because I was suffering by seeing her. Needless to say, she actually was a good friend of mine too and it caused me great pain.

Then I read online articles about how shit dating abd relationships are abd it jades me.

I honestly just feel like retiring the goody two shoes portion of my soul and just going full suffering deliverer.

I feel really angry and jaded and just sick. I want to be good but this fucking world shits on good people. Especially when involving relationships.

What a shit world.

Help me. I want to be good but this world is just not conducive to the happiness of a good person.
>>
>>17289509
>t.edgelord
Don't worry, you won't be 16 forever
>>
>>17289524
I am 24. Abd already realize the world is stacked in evils favor. People who are evil can afford to be reckless, cruel, relentless. People who are good just get eaten alive by restrictions.
>>
>>17289531
Bump
>>
>>17289509
I don't even think you understand what good is, and that its rewards are not material.

If you think being morally good deserves material rewards (as it seems from your post), you are not good at all, but greedy, and resentful that your little business transaction with virtue didn't turn out the way you wanted.

So stop fooling yourself about your supposed goodness, as you certainly aren't fooling us.
>>
>>17289509
Time to go for the high score, OP.
>>
>>17289509
Much of your behavior is genetic, but everyone shares the same behaviors, just some stronger than others.

But the rest of it is just memes in your head.
>>
>>17289614
How do I get the memes out of my head? I am sickened. I want to be good but people who are good have to sacrifice so much only got tons and tons of pain.
>>
File: who put you on the planet.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
who put you on the planet.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>a girl doesn't want to fuck me
>the world is evil

and people wonder why straight males are considered to be such entitled fucks...
>>
>>17289704
how about you put down the memes and pick up a bible buddy boy
>>
>>17289509
To answer the topic, I believe both are true. Some are born with incorrect instincts and follow them to evil acts, and others learn it as a behaviour. Certainly that means some are predisposed to being horrible people, but I imagine most people learn bad behaviours from their family and peers.

I personally have issues but do my best to be a good person. Because that is what feels right to me. Other people could be very different. It is up to you to decide what morality means to you, but it sounds like you are a good person whonhas been hurt and doesn't know how to cope.

Your choices now will likely dictate how you progress. Want to be good? Make an effort, and don't give in to urges you see as bad.
>>
>>17289727
This is helpful. Thank you. I just am sick of being hurt. I have been bruised so many times. Why is the path of good paved with sacrifices?
>>
File: wallhaven-217313.jpg (334 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-217313.jpg
334 KB, 1920x1080
To be shat on repeatedly and carry on, to express your deepest love for others and have that love thrown right back in your face, to be put through suffering and still desire the best for others, THAT makes a good person.

Don't let the frustration and vengeful hatred consume you, choose to let love win.
>>
>>17289727
This is helpful. Thank you. I just am sick of being hurt. I have been bruised so many times. Why is the path of good paved with sacrifices?
>>
>>17289844
It isn't always paved with sacrifice. Especially if you see being good as natural. For example, I have a paper route that I do weekly. On that route I have already found peoples keys in their doors a half dozen times. A bad person would take the keys. A neutral person would ignore the keys (this is the bulk of people.) What I did was ring doorbells and explain why I rang, and every time I had this irritated face turn into a look of unadulterated relief.

This may not seem like a large gesture, but what might have happened otherwise? And I just can't let myself walk past, because what if the worst happened because of my inaction?

And that is just how I see life. I always keep an eye open for what I could do to avoid a potential tragedy. Not because I want recognition, or fame or any of that shit. I just couldn't bear to live with myself if I let something bad happen because I chose not to act.

If you see this as a sacrifice, well, you might be right, but I don't see it that way, never have. What do you think about it all? I am curious how you would react.
>>
>>17289509
Get therapy. You're not interpreting your emotions properly.
>>
File: 1466788230545.jpg (372 KB, 1346x1795) Image search: [Google]
1466788230545.jpg
372 KB, 1346x1795
it never gets better. until you take control and decide to decide. you are a god, stop being a fearful pessimist and go get shit done.
>>
Your mistake is thinking that being good or bad has anything to do with success in life. Good and bad are all relative and highly subjective terms. Most people think that they're good. If their behavior results in them being happier is it not "good"? Stop wasting time thinking about things like this. Just focus on the real world that's around you every day. The world is not random chance. You can study it and learn it's patterns and get better at living in it over time. Just keep striving for happiness. It's not guaranteed, but if you believe you can get it and you try to get it, you often do, even if it takes many attempts.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjLYwZkQ-rw&t=32s
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.