[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
1am drunk text? How Should I Respond?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
So I woke up this morning and I had a text from a couple of female co-workers who went out together for drinks last night. It was simple, but has me scratching my head a bit. It was a selfie of the two of them and then the heart emoji and the word "you" (love you).

Let me give some background. One of the girls I am very close with, though nothing ever sexual. It's normal for her to send me stuff like this as we have an open way of communicating with one another. The text came from girl 2 though.

This girl has been more of a professional mutual admiration. We have no problem saying we are each other's work favorites (she works for a partner company), and the occasional light flirting but nothing more than that. One, I avoid dating women at work and two, my reputation is more important to me than taking a chance on a piece of ass. There's always been subversive back and forth between us but the sudden display of blunt affection surprised me.

Initially, I thought girl one got her phone and sent. After texting girl one though, she said she did not do this and that the selfie and message were all the second girl's idea after they were talking about missing me (I live a few hours away).

At this point I am not sure if I chalk it up to two drunk chicks having harmless fun or if it meant more. How would /adv/ interpret this and how would you respond?
>>
She probably likes you a little, but, as you said, always keep it professional.

On a side note, "work husbands/wives" are fucking awesome. Closeness and reliability without the sexuality. Try to preserve that.
>>
>>17288819
Smash them both
>>
>>17288819
Easy, ignore it for now. See how it plays out. Just look at how things will go at work with girl 2. If the flirting escelates to something more then there's your answer. It's just a waiting game bro.
>>
>>17288823
So how would you respond to the text? I was thinking something like "I must've misplaced my invite".
>>
I always bang my work wives.

But, you do have to be patient.

Through complications with their real husbands, or your real girlfriend, or whatever else gets in the way 90% of the time, so take the opportunity when it comes, or try and make an opportunity sometime.
>>
>>17288830
I don't really see her more than a couple times a year now as I moved a few hours away for work.
>>
>>17288836
You could always try to flirt back, see what that does for you. A nice compliment to start things off. This way. You'll get what she tried to tell you.
>>
>>17288839
Anything specific?
>>
>>17288836
Uh yeah if you moved away and hardly see each other, go for it. Literally what's stopping you? Yeah, yeah, "work", but that's hardly an issue at this point? Go for it bruh. Go as you see fit.
>>
>>17288846
Perhaps something about her smile, looks? Try to see if you can initiate something intimate.
>>
File: mmm.png (16 KB, 120x120) Image search: [Google]
mmm.png
16 KB, 120x120
>>17288846
send her this emoji
bitches love love emojis
>>
>>17288831
Already responded with this before you guys sent and haven't heard anything back. She's likely embarrassed about her message. Any way to get back to the following now?
>>17289232
>>17289201
>>
>>17288819
Respond with the emoji of the monkey covering his eyes lol I don't really know what it implies but girls seem to really like when I do that haha
>>
>>
>>17288819
Just ignore it. If they are into you, they'll keep throwing bait at you. If they don't, then it was probably just a drunk joke.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.