[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just got catfished...?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
So yeah, I basically just got catfished.

I started talking to this girl a month ago in a NY thread, traded pics, shared some audio, and hit it off. We talked for a little bit and then kind of fizzled out. She messaged me again a couple of weeks ago, and I asked to meet up. We would make plans and something would happen for a couple of days and she had told me she was going away for a week. So, she goes away but we end up calling each other and talking, a LOT, watching tv shows and stuff, here I am thinking I'm flirting with a cute girl who lives nearby.

Well when the time of her vacation was up, she basically came clean to me. I don't know if catfish is the right term. But anyways, she told me she lives across the country, and that she isn't the age she told me she was, and that the photos she sent me were fake. Yeah.

So anyways we had a great time talking but I can't do long distance or anything like that. And now I feel kind of bad turning her down and stuff.

Any advice on where to go from here?
Thank you
>>
Also,
>We would make plans and something would happen for a couple of days
To clarify that sentence I mean we would make plans but then something would happen to cause her to 'have to cancel'
>>
>>17287468
Turn her down, acknowledge guilt, then go about your day.
>>
>>17287486
i guess thats fair...this conversation has been going on for about an hour now with me explaining to her...when is it time to just say sorry goodbye and walk away?
>>
>>17287524
Uhh right now. Don't even fuckin reply. Why on earth would you even continue to bother with someone across the country who is lying about their identity? Come on op have some smarts.
>>
>>17287581
lol yeah. they are guilting me like 'you had fun talking to me until now' blah blah...i'm just a sucker and am too nice.

yeah...will stop. thanks.
>>
>>17287597
Ask for a real picture? ask why she lied?

Hell people make some dumb decisions early on in a relationship. Give her a chance to recover.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.