[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was filling out an application form the other day when I realized
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
Was filling out an application form the other day when I realized how hard it was for me to give a sensible answer to "Hobbies?"
I have vidya, I have books, I have movies, but beyond that? Nothing worth mentioning. My life's been feeling empty ever since, and I'm looking for a way to fill it up. Of course I could ask you to spoonfeed me a few hobbies and pretend I'll pick them up (though I genuinely am open to trying new things), but let's turn this into a group thing.

What are your hobbies, /adv/? What is it you enjoy about them? What part of what you do makes you passionate about it?
>>
Usually these kinds of threads get more attention. Odd.
>>
>>17287482
Have been here for 5 minutes or so, I missed it.

Common hobby pool aside (vidya, reading, exercising, watching tv shows [...]), I really like stand-up comedy.

I've never done open-mic in public myself, but I did some brief gigs at friends' places.

I've watched (and enjoyed) Louis CK, George Carlin, Ricky Gervais, Russel Peters, Trevor Noah and Bill Maher so far. I don't care much for Chris Rock or Jerry Seinfeld.
>>
>>17286424
depends on how much extra $$$ you have to spend on your free time

maybe a sports league, or golf, or archery, or trapshooting, biking, running, swimming, volunteer with meals on wheels and visit lonely old people, guitar/insturment, different language

if you have $$$ then skydiving, skiing/waterskiing, learn to fly an airplane, motorcycles
>>
Just kinda been picking up the things I feel I should be able to do for myself or family.

Cooking, shooting, small electronics. I like cars, so I've been busy getting a race car together. Look through architecture magazines, I'd like to build a house some day. Day trading (cause no one knows what stocks are in my family and rich people do it). Gonna send in my resume to be an astronaut in 10 years, will I make? No. But I need swimming, running, flight time and to learn Russian just in case. Rosetta Stone, a private pilots license and to complete a triathlon are now on the list.

I can keep going, but you see how these hobbies build
>>
>>17286424
1. If an application is asking for hobbies, LIE LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER! You are advertising yourself to a potential employer and they have no way of checking.

2. Hang out on /diy/ and find a project that looks cool. Hobbies that make things are better than Hobbies that absorb media.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.