[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Signed a lease can't get out of it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1464621306109.jpg (132 KB, 338x485) Image search: [Google]
1464621306109.jpg
132 KB, 338x485
I fucked up. Green text story short I signed a lease and forgot about and found a better place and never moved in to the original lease I signed. It would be okay if I could break the lease via payment but the only way to break the lease is to find a replacement tenant and given that:
a) The tenant would have to share a 4 bed 4 bath unit with 3 other people
b) It's summer and this college town is dead plus summer classes have already started

I can't find a replacement tenant.

I asked the employees there what they would do if I signed my lease but didn't move in and didn't pay rent, the only thing it would effect is my credit score.

This is my first year in college and I have no credit cards or loans. I have no intent to use credit score to get a house because I don't believe in debt and loans and it's possible to get a house in the future without a credit score. However I'm worred how much this will affect my future leases and finding a place to live while in college.

Tl;dr
Should I bite the bullet on this or should I work out an agreement. If it helps I may not be legally living in the country when I get out of college as in I'll be volunteering in other countries. That being said does your credit score reset if you live in another country for a certain amount of time?
>>
>>17285814
Bump
>>
How long of a lease did you sign up for?
>>
>>17285814
>I don't believe in debt and loans and it's possible to get a house in the future without a credit score.

If you forgot that you signed a lease, you are too stupid to ever have enough cash to buy a home without a loan. Some potential employers will also look at your credit history before making a hiring decision.
>>
>>17286079
I'm not going to tell you the long story but I requested a sign lease 3 times before they finally sent me proof I signed a lease the previous 3 times was them sending me empty lease agreements with not a single signature on them. It was an E signature as well. Sorry I'm stupid for not believing in a debt based system. I don't really care about that because foreign language + field experience probably means a lot more. There's also a chance I may not come back to the states.
>>
>>17286046
12 months but I did do a renewal.
>>
>>17286227
The renewal made it 12 months in total sorry.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.